Tuesday, October 25, 2011

apartment tour: part 1

Member when we moved in June and I never showed anyone what our apartment looked like? Fantastic.
I'm not really one to upload pictures of my daily life to facebook and such, which is why I never put up pictures of our apartment. (Side note: you know those people who upload a picture of a doctor's office waiting room and their like, "At the doctor's office!!"? I can't stand those people. I wanna yell, "NO ONE CARES!" I don't see why people need to have every second of their lives documented on facebook/twitter/foursquare. It's kind of...well, actually, it's really stupid. And almost pathetic. Okay. Rant over.) ...but I've come to the realization that my family would probably enjoy seeing where I live. So here we go. Apartment Tour. Part 1 of 2, because I'm cool like the producers of Breaking Dawn who decided to be greedy and split that strange,strange book into 2 strange movies, just to get more money from the fangirls. I'm definitely a fan of the Twilight series, (I'm not ashamed to admit it!) but c'mon guys. I'm not buying into all that hype and paying over $30 to see 2 dumb movies. Annnnd, 2nd rant now over.

I'm really only doing this in 2 parts because our bedroom and dining room are our disaster areas. Our bedroom slash Ryan's "office" is crowded and a random collection of furniture. I kind of hate it. By kind of, I obviously mean really. And our dining room slash my crafting space is a cluttered over-packed mess. I might eventually show you those rooms, but please know that I don't like the way they look :)

So here we go, for reals this time...

The kitchen.
I loooove our kitchen. SUCH AN IMPROVEMENT from our last place, where everything was uneven, half the cabinets wouldn't close, oh and it was infested with house centipedes. Yes, this is so much better!

Yes, I have 3 dish brushes and a sponge...and a dishwasher. I'm extremely picky on how dishes are washed.
And all that crap in the background (in the "dining room") is stuff that we still need to hang/find a home for. Hahaha. We're not taking our time or anything.

The wooden bottle carrier on top of the cabinets won't be staying there, and the "S" inside of it won't be staying there either. It was just a temporary home until I do what I actually want to do with it.
Moving on.

The living room. And/or space, since it's not actually a separate room. (Our kitchen, living room and kitchen are all the same room, just separate spaces)

The bookshelf is kind of a hodge-podgey catch-all. But whatever. Also, please love that Drake's monster is still living on the top. It'll probably be done after 2 more play-times.


And the bathroom.
I don't know why anyone would want to see our bathroom, but whatever.




4 comments:

  1. wow-so clean ;) mom (inlaw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now! I clean our apartment every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nan (and Ryan) nice! I love it. And thanks for sharing pics, I was one who wants to see anything, even the bathroom. Were you sitting in that comfy floral chair whilst you blogged this? I always like to know where people sit while they are on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to comment on being particular about cleaning dishes. Me too, glad I'm not the only one!

    I use waaay too much soap.

    I have to pre-rinse the dishes very good before I wash them.

    I can't stand floaties in the water. Sometimes I have to drain and re-fill before I can finish washing. Thus one of the reasons for using so much soap, the bubbles hide the floaties.

    My sponge has to be brand new or at least look brand new.

    I wash the sink well before doing the dishes.

    I hate towel drying because then you get fuzzies on everything and have to start over again.

    ReplyDelete