Saturday, May 12, 2012

thoughts from my brain

I've been thinking lately, err for the past few weeks, that I really should be ambidextrous. When I posted about how I love painting so much, my sister commented, "Are you sure you're right handed?" And then the more I thought about it, and the more I found myself creating things...the more I felt like I should be ambidextrous. Here's the thing, I love numbers and logical and fitting all the pieces together far too much to be right brained. But at the same time, I love crafting and creating and envisioning future projects and designs to be left brained. These loves are truly equal for me. So I should be ambidextrous right?
So I've been doing little experiments with myself; trying to use my left hand in various situations to see how things pan out. (Except not for dangerous things, like cutting veggies, cause that's not really something you want to experiment with.) So far, it's been really easy. I don't find it too hard to do things with my left hand. Writing is still a little shaky, but I wouldn't say it's hard, I just need more practice.

I've also been thinking about equality in our country lately. Because although I know we all have equal rights; men, women, whites, black, hispanic, etc., I know we don't have equal opportunities. Where you grow up really does affect what you can become. Not in all situations, and it's not always the case. But it just doesn't seem fair that because I grew up in an upper-middle class area with both of my parents I have an easier time becoming what I want, versus a child who grows up in a rough neighborhood with a single parent whose really struggling to make it. You know? I understand that there's nothing legally standing in their way, but they have so many more hurdles to jump over than I would just to achieve the same thing. Does that make sense? And a lot of times, as sad as it is, race and color really do make a difference when they shouldn't. We say we're all equal, but do we really live that way? I know I'm kind of rambling here, it's just been something that been extremely visible to me lately. And I don't want to start a whole political debate or anything, I'm just talking here. But it's just really sad to me, that we can live in this amazing country with so much opportunity, potential and money and yet, we still get so much wrong. I've started volunteering with Broad Street Ministry and it has completely broken my heart and brought a lot of things to my attention that I wouldn't have thought of before. Poverty seems like a vicious never-ending cycle and I'm having a hard time with that. I've only worked one week and I can already feel God at work in me.


Onto to less serious things...
This song has been on replay lately.

I had you living life like you should
You say you never had it so good


I'm kind of in love with Jackson Avery from Grey's Anatomy. Look at those little freckles.
Oh heeeeey, Jackson.



There are two times during that, if possible, you will most definitely find me in front of the tv. First, Ellen at 3pm. But who in the world misses Ellen?! Second, Price is Right at 11am. I freaking LOVE The Price is Right. Being on the show is most definitely on my bucket list. And I get so mad when people are stupid and play the games wrong. I mean, there's a system to some of those games and if you're smart, it's pretty easy to win. And some of these people just totally botch it, and I'm literally yelling at my tv screen. Seriously, C'MON PEOPLE! Uggggh.



Also, kind of in love with this.


If you haven't done this yet, do it and be amazed.
[Google is going to take over the world. You heard it hear first. Or like seven-hundred-thousandth.]
Go to google translator, type in 'pv zk pv pv zk pv zk kz zk pv pv pv zk pv zk zk pzk pzk pvzkpkzvpvzk kkkkkk bsch', select German as the language, and click the listen button in the bottom right hand corner.
Feel free to make your own combinations and waste hours of your life. I won't judge you.

1 comment:

  1. Dad is pretty much ambidextrous. You knew that right? Me....totally NOT. I can do NOTHING with my left hand. With my tennis elbow on my right arm I have tried to do some ordinary things with my left hand and CANNOT. It is very frusterating. Secondly, that google thing isn't working for me. Maybe I gave up to soon to figure it out but couldn't get stuff to come up. Oh well I am sure it is me and my lack of patience with the computer. Glad you had fun with it. Maybe when I am in Germany I will say what you typed to someone and have them translate it for me....bahahaha. Lastly, I love your heart for the poor and needy and so does God. He will give you the understanding you need. You are so compassionate. You are making a difference! Love you.

    ReplyDelete