Sunday, October 10, 2010

weekend

I'm working on a new post.
But the words don't come as easily to my fingers waiting patiently on my keyboard as they do to my mind.
So, as we all wait for my fingers to catch up to my brain....

This weekend was a beautiful weekend. Ryan took two whole days off of studying and we got to enjoy each other's company. Which, surprisingly, is rare (but will be so worth it when Ryan is done with school).

We had a sleepover in our living room :)
Complete with junk-food and staying up late watching movies and silly TV shows.

We went shopping for some new fall clothes. And came home with cable knit sweaters and thermals. Yum.

We walked around our new "home", getting to know the city just a little better by looking for somewhere to get a good Sunday-morning breakfast (after we missed the bus to get to church) and a little something for a special little girl who is turning 4 this week!

We enjoyed our favorite Starbucks drinks (Thanks, Epic Church!!)

We breathed fresh air.
We stepped outside our house today and the air was crisp. And fresh. And oh-so-good. I never thought that I would miss the smell of fresh air. I actually didn't even realize I wasn't getting it until this morning, when I took a breath and my insides were like "Oh yeah! FRESH AIR!"

We enjoyed a delicious lunch with one of Ryan's friends from Haiti.

Up next? Making ice cream!

I would include photos, but my camera is still missing :(
I know, I know. My blog will very quickly get very boring with out ANY pictures...but bear with me! It'll show up soon enough!


Mom and Emily, enjoy my "We did this. Then we did this. Now we'll do this" post :)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful night/day! So glad you got a chance to meet Courtney. She is such an amazing "girl" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cable knit sweaters and thermals!!....I want a picture. I wish you had your camera :( Glad you both had a great week-end. It will be good to reflect on in the near future when it is back to the books and the day to day of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, sorry I missed your call out to Seraya 8 days late. That was sweet. (she got it, the thank you is somewhere between here and there)

    I was totally thinking as I read "awe!, they did that, then they did this, and then they did that!" while I was reading. It rocked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I was a bit redundant there, but yeah, you know.

    ReplyDelete