Wednesday, December 29, 2010

my style "crushes"

I've developed some new style "crushes". You know, people who have totally rockin' style that I simply swoon over. And, as most of you know, I'm getting super into vintage clothes so you probably won't be too surprised by my recent crushage developements.

Style crush Numero Uno: Zooey Deschanel
She's kind of "indie" with some vintage flair, and seems so fun and always super adorable.


500 Days of Summer is one of my favorite movies, and I love Zooey's character's style in it.
(Funny side story: My sister said to me before I saw this moive, "I thought it was a love story. And then in the beginning, they say, 'This is not a love story.' and I was like, 'Yes it is.' Turns out, they were right" Hahaha)
Anyways...back to the point.

I'm diggin' the short/tights/oxford-esque flats combo





















And Zooey looks equally as fabulous when she's just herself
Loving the berry colored tights! And the contrast between them, her shiny shoes and that fantastic cream dress



So much good in this picture...the navy/yellow combo was done flawlessly (being from Michigan, I'm always nervous to try this color combo), the couch, the wall color, her tights (again)...so much good...

and BONUS! Her sister is Emily Deschanel, who just so happens to play one of my all-time favorite TV characters, Dr. Temperance Brennan on "Bones" 







Annnnnnd Style "Crush" Number Two: Emma Pillsbury from Glee
Okay, seriously, how can you NOT love Emma from Glee? She's really prim and proper and meticulous AND she is super cute and retro. I'm loving the vintagey-vibe from her wardrobe.

She has me so into brooches now






















I love how perfectly she pulls off this monochromatic outfit






Ahhh, swoon with me, will you?

4 comments:

  1. You are funny Nan. I am pretty sure that somewhere there are pictures of me in shorts and tights. Use to be the fashion only the shorts were longer and had a cuff on them which would probably ruin the entire look to you. Forget the fashion, I love the bike she is riding and the stool she is sitting on!! The chair I lent Lindsay has the exact wood legs that the sofa in the pic has. Maybe you can borrow it when she is done. I think the fabric would match your sofa chair perfectly. Do you know the chair I am talking about? Also, I have her flower pin only it is yellow with a brown middle. Garage sale collections for sure :) Last piece of info....Julie got that movie for Christmas. I will have to watch it when she gets home. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 500 days of summer is my favorite movie... partly because of Zooey Deschanel. :) Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Deschanel girls, love bones, never saw/heard of Zooey in that movie. Guess I know someone to borrow it from now.

    No swooning from me, I have zip, zero, zilch knowledge or love for fashion. But you, I can see you in all those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Zooey Deschanel too! Shes my favorite! I wanted to go and buy some cotton underware simply because she sang a song in the commercial. Haha.

    My style crush is Sherri Dupree. Shes in the band eisley, and shes so cute! (everyone in that band is cute) look at this adorable dress shes in...
    http://www.last.fm/music/Sherri+DuPree

    Also, im proud to say that i was the sister you quoted. Hah!

    ReplyDelete