Saturday, April 28, 2012

love it/hate it

Time for a list post.
'Cause I like em, and I have lots of things I've been obsessing over lately and wanna share.

Get in my life right now (aka loves)
1. STELLA SCOOTER.
Hey, member that one time Ryan mentioned to me that maybe one day I should get a scooter and then from that moment on most of my free time was consumed with researching and eventually falling head over heals in love with Genuine Scooters' Stella?
No? Oh, well, that happened.

Oh, she sure is a beauty, that Stella. Cream colored with leather seat and handles? My, my my. I've got it bad for Stells. No, that's not a typo, its a pet name. Yes, a pet name as in, "I love her so much she gets a special name aside from her given one."

Don't worry, I've already picked out my helmet as well. Safety first, kids.
It's like $500. So by "safety first" I actually meant "style first."

2. Discovering new Trader Joe's food.
So, the girl who brought snacks for our small group this week brought some of her favorite stuff from Trader Joe's (plus a 7-layer Mediterranean dip she made which was AWESOME!) She brought blueberry vanilla chevre (goat cheese) and caramel cashew cookies. Don't knock 'em til you've tried them. Seriously. Both were so good. And added bonus, she left the extras with us!! I may or may not have eaten an entire container of carmel cashew cookies this week.

Get in ma belly.
3. My rockin' painted globe.
Remember that globe I bought at the flea market a few weeks ago?
Well, I decided I wanted to paint it.

I kind of need to clean up around the letters, it's a little clumpy. But you get the overall look I'm going for.
I really like it for now, but I might end up washing it off. Maybe paint something else on it later. Or leave it plain for a while again. Who knows. But for now? Loving this.


Shut your face (aka hates errrr dislike because hate is a bad word)
Okay, so I have A LOT of pregnant friends right now. Like a whole crap ton of pregnant friends. With that, some stuff has come up that really bugs me. I don't mean this list to offend anyone in anyway. This is just my opinion, and since it's my blog I can write whatever the heck I want. Don't like it? Don't read it. And just because I don't like it, doesn't mean I think you shouldn't as well. Do what makes you happy. So pregnant friends...keep being you. Even if what you're doing right now bugs me. Haha.

1. Pregnancy countdowns that include days.
Such as "19 weeks and 3 days!!" Yuck. Your facebook friends don't need to know when your man impregnated you. "19 weeks" is perfectly adequate information for you to share with the world.

2. Maternity photo-shoots.
I understand that people want to capture various stages in life...but I seriously don't get maternity photo-shoots. When that baby is born you'll no longer want a picture hanging of you with your preggo belly...right? Like won't those pictures so quickly be substituted with pictures of you with THE BABY?! And really, I don't ever think those pictures look good. I mean, I hate to be blunt, but you're kind of swollen and fat. And no one wants to see your naked belly with your hubby's hands in the shape of a heart over your popped out belly button.
Oh, dear Lord, make it stop
I can't be the only one who thinks this, right? But I do think I'm in the minority here, because errrbody and their mamas get maternity photo-shoots.
But belly-progression photos? Love those. Those are cute. It's when people pay someone $600 to take really ridiculous photos...that where I draw the line.

3. Gosh darn Pure Michigan commercials because I'm not there.
Alright, Timmy, I know that Michigan is beautiful. I know that I should be exploring Grand Rapids or enjoying Traverse City rather than inhaling the toxic air of Philadelphia. I know, I KNOW. So you can stop playing your magnificent commercials here.
And I don't even like Ann Arbor!! (I just couldn't muster up the strength to post/watch the Grand Rapids one. I'd rather not cry right now.)



So I guess I had less obsessions than I thought. I'm sure I'm leaving some stuff out that I was planning to share. Oh well. Wanna hear some random stories? Good.
We went and saw "The Hunger Games" tonight (YAY! SOME TIME TOGETHER!!) Don't even get me started on how long it took. I knew I didn't want to see it right away because I didn't want to be surrounded by teenage girls screaming about Peeta or Gale. Because I really really love those books, and the story is soooo much more than a love story. So it bugs me when people are all "I'm team Peeta!" and I'm like, "This is NOT Twilight." (Hey, member when I TOTALLY called this craze?) Cetus la peetus.
Thank you for not sitting behind me in any movie ever.
I get that there is a love story in it...but look beyond that kiddos. Get the bigger picture. I digress.
So yes, I wanted to wait a little bit until we saw the movie. But since we waited so long,  we were now surrounded with all these old people who were like, "Let's go see what all those crazy kids are talking about and see that Hungry movie today." So like the guy in front of me says half way through the movie, "WHOA! That girl is really good with a bow and arrow!" And I'm like, "Duh. Where have you been the past year? Or at least the last hour and 15 minutes?!" And then the whole theater like flipped out when (SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS, WHICH YOU SHOULD SO IF YOU HAVEN'T THAN YOU DESERVE TO HAVE THE MOVIE RUINED FOR YOU BEFORE YOU SEE IT) Rue dies. I literally rolled my eyes at everyone in the theater. Ugh. People. Read a book.

Oh, and Ryan decided that it was best to eat as much popcorn as possible, as loudly as possible, during the quietest most serious parts in the movie. I was rolling my eyes at him too. At one point, after telling him to be quiet numerous times, I grabbed his hand out of the bag and just held it really tight until the scene was over. I take my Hunger Games very seriously, and nobody is about to ruin the rooftop scene for me. Not even you, Ryan Russell. Love you, but I really didn't know that eating popcorn could even BE that loud! (Whoa, I sounded like Chandler and I didn't even mean to!)

Want another random story? Great!
I fell asleep on the couch last night while Ryan was studying in our bedroom. I guess he tried to move me into the bedroom when he was done, but I was apparently uncooperative (which explains my dream of having a man try to kidnap me, I guess.) So this morning, I wake up at 6:45 and realize Ryan never kissed me goodbye before he left for work. And I didn't hear the shower going or anything, so I knew he wasn't just running late. So I run into the bedroom and shake Ryan awake.
"IT'S 6:45!!!!"
He says, "It's Saturday."
Oh, whooops!

2 comments:

  1. i am SO glad we are on the same page with maternity photos!!!!! i thought i was the only one & couldn't open my mouth about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your globe is awesome!! You went from loving and wanting a golf cart sooooo bad to now loving and wanting a stella scooter. You are funny.

    ReplyDelete