Thursday, October 4, 2012

a quick facebook lesson

People really bug me sometimes. Seriously. I have moments where I just can't stand everyone.
I know I'm a jerk. Or at the very least, a "glass is half empty" kind of gal.

Pretty much everytime I'm on facebook, I'm annoyed by like 85% of the things people post. So if you want to remain my friend on facebook (or anyone's friend for that matter, I can't be the only one bothered by this crap) steer clear of everything on this list:

1. Asking me to vote for a baby in some competition numerous times.
Namely the Gerber baby competition. Your kid's cute. But so is everyone else's.
I'm all for free stuff and I'll gladly help a friend out, it's just that I don't care to read you begging for votes every 20 minutes because you think your baby is the cutest thing ever (have you seen those little baby bun-buns...you clearly don't know what you're talking about.)

2. Incorrect Grammar/Spelling/Punctuation.
Listen, it happens. I know. I don't have perfect grammar either. But I really hate when people use "your" instead of "you're". Or use the wrong its/it's. Or to/too. The rules for those are simple, it's really not that hard to do it right. And I REALLY hate when people mix up women and woman. "She is such an amazing women." Ugghhhhh. C'mon guys!
(Em, I totally wrote this before you had your "your/you're" mix up on facebook. It made me laugh, and I was glad you caught it yourself)

3. Political Posts of any kind.
I'm voting for who I want and you probably aren't going to change my mind by posting a dumb article by some idiot who has no credibility anyways. Plus also, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Republicans. Democrats. Green Party...ists. Conservatives. Liberals. All of us stuck somewhere in the middle. So stop dissing everyone. We can all think whatever the heck we want. No one is really 100% right or 100% wrong. So seriously. Get over it. The election will happen. The world will still go on. However, I will no longer be your friend.

4. Status' written to someone, especially to Jesus. 
Like "Happy Birthday to the most incredible so-and-so. You are so talented and good-looking and everything else that is good to say about someone."
Or "Jesus, thanks for loving me no matter what."


Here's a novel idea, just tell that person what you want to tell them. GASP. I know. It's mind-boggling.

Plus, Jesus doesn't have facebook.
This doesn't count.

5. Pretty much everything else.
I'm starting to think maybe I should just be done with facebook. Haha.


In other news, check out this super cute dress I made the other day during Project Runway!
Not the best photo, I know. I just really didn't feel like getting pretty to be the model for one picture. I didn't want to iron either. So...please disregard the wrinkles. Haha.

I originally had made a yellow skirt with that fabric, and although it was super cute every time I put it on...I just wasn't 100% happy with it. So I knew I was never going to wear it. So I took it apart and re-made it into this dress. I love it. I wore it to the flea market on Saturday. With tights. I love tights weather too.

Currently playing on the record player: Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, "Johnny Cash and His Woman"

5 comments:

  1. Ugh, I second your "vote for my stinkin gerber baby" comment. If you want to enter your kid, great. Please, don't ask random people you barely know on Facebook to take time out of their busy day to vote for your kid 30 times a day. I tend to exaggerate but when I say 30 I could actually say 50. So annoying. Plus, you're not going to win a college education for your child. How about save up for it instead of relying on random strangers votes. P.S. love the cute dress!post of pics of you wearing it with tights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dress is kind of an opposite version of yours, Linds!

      Delete
  2. Oh shoot I missed Lights for Lucas! I read that post only just before, you'd think I could remember.

    I was just thinking today how everyone in the world irritates me. And I second that I get super annoyed on facebook, for all those things you commented on. I hate when I type so fast that I use a you're incorrectely or a there-their-they're, and I don't notice till after. I know there is an edit button, so what.

    I also hate those who whine about everything or post a status about every 15 minutes through out their whole day like they have nothing better to do. Unfriend.

    I can't believe you made a dress in an hour! You are getting skilled. I have weeks still to make Seraya's costume and I'm fretting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by everyone.
      Ugh yeah, I HATE when people post all the time. Like dumb stuff too. Like we all want to read a play-by-play of their days. You're right...unfriend!

      (Can you believe I JUST learned that you can edit a previous post/comment?! I was floored!)

      And you could totally make that dress in an hour. In twenty minutes even. It's super easy. And I already had the skirt made and the shirt is from H&M. So really, easy peasy. But thanks for building my ego ;)

      Delete
  3. I love this post so much because I feel the SAME way!!

    ReplyDelete