Wednesday, October 3, 2012

our light for lucas



James 1:27 "Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."
Ryan and I sat around our lit "Lights for Lucas" candle prayed for orphans tonight. I cried like a baby. I have a hard time with talking about orphans because when I think about "orphans" I don't just think of children with out moms and dads. I see their faces. I know their names.

Please join us in praying for these precious children. That they will know they are loved and cherished, even if their family never comes.

(I mentioned in my last post to put a picture of your candle on facebook. But actually, it would be great if you could email it to info@thelucaslegacy.org. Of course, you can still put it on facebook! And mention "The Lucas Legacy" in a comment to direct your friends there.)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for orphans today and many other days! I also see so many faces-some that are still alive today and some that still need forever families!

    ReplyDelete