Saturday, April 17, 2010

R.A. "Banquet"...slash yet ANOTHER mandatory Housing Staff Meeting

Ugh. I could go on and on with complaints about working for campus housing.
But I won't.
Because this blog is supposed to help me ENJOY moments :)

Tonight was our R.A. "banquet" (except, actually Housing fooled us and called it a banquet and then the night before sent out a mass email and said they decided not to serve us a meal this year...GREAT! Thanks guys! Would have been nice to know BEFORE I used up all my meals for the week.) So basically it was actually just another mandatory Housing meeting. Which I could not DESPISE anymore. I hate housing staff meetings. Hate. Hate. Hate.
So about that not complaining...


The theme was something about decades. Each staff had to choose a decade to be. Our staff is essentially two staffs put together, and we couldn't agree on anything. One group wanted to be the 1960s and the other group wanted to be the future, so we went with the "60s" and we did all our stuff as the Beatles from 2060. Kinda dumb, but whatever.
It wasn't as bad as I make it out to be. I did laugh at times.

Heather and I with our "futuristic" touches :)



"ALIENS!!!"



Copeland Staff 2009-2010
Love, love, LOVE them :)
[Our staff got along SO GREAT! I feel like I've been friends with all of them since 7th grade!]

3 comments:

  1. Cute picture of the group. Does that lady have a baby? Does the baby live at Copeland? Sorry you have to waste your time with "2060 Beatles"! Does seem kind of pointless for what you want to be doing with your life but hey for housing and food you will be happy later on in life when you are NOT having to pay off those loans :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. It made me laugh that you said you weren't going to complain, and then later said "Hate. Hate. Hate." Haha. I know it can be hard to not complain when thats all you can think about in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, that lady does have a baby. That's Kristen, she is the Living Center Director, my "boss" and her daughter, Mae. Mae is a little over a year old and our unofficial Copeland mascot. (They don't live in Copeland though)


    And yeah it's nice having free housing and food, but I missed out on soooo much with all my friends. I will always regret it, even when I'm not paying off loans. Money only goes so far, but memories last a lifetime.

    And yay, I did good at not complaining :)

    ReplyDelete