Thursday, April 8, 2010

somedays

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

It's been one of those days.
One of those days where practically everything I see, everything I touch, everything I hear brings tears to my eyes.
Everything reminds me of Uganda.
Reminds me of what I'm missing out on.
Reminds me of them.It's days like this that I need to trust in the Lord with all my heart. I know he has a plan for me. And I know his plan for me is waaay better than the plans I have for myself.

If I were to follow my plans, I would be in Uganda tomorrow.
I would be cuddling babies tomorrow.
I would visit Phoebe and David and Patience tomorrow.
I would be changing disgustingly poopy diapers tomorrow.
I would have spit up, boogers and porridge all over me tomorrow.
I would be swaddling little babes for their naps tomorrow.
I would fall in love all over again tomorrow.
So I must trust that whatever God's a-brewing up there has to be much much better.
Ohhh, if only it was that easy [trusting is so much easier said than done]


So much for this blog to NOT be about Uganda anymore, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment