Tuesday, February 14, 2012

adventure aquarium

I left my Jason Wu fashion show post up as first for a while on purpose. It's been my favorite blog post ever. I'm kind of sad to see it go.

But sometimes we just have to move on.
So here's to that. Moving on.

Ryan and I have wanted to go the Adventure Aquarium since before we moved here. For his birthday, I planned to spend the day at the Aquarium and go out for Thai food for dinner (something I will not do on any other day. I don't like eating Asian food. Mostly because it's so saucy and watching men eat it and slurp and ugh...it grosses me out.)

And then I got sick.

And then I was sick the next week.

And then Ryan was sick the next week.

But turns out, he was only sick at 8am, not at 10am. So we still went, just a few weeks late.

It was crazy expensive, and not nearly as awesome as the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago. Sounds about right for Philly, eh? Actually, it's in dirty Jersey...so even more fitting. But let's focus on the good.

The Penguin Island. They were kind of funny.

Jellyfish!

We got to touch little sharkies.

I didn't like them.
And yes, I have nice, shiny, thick hair.
I try not to complain about my hair, cause I know I've got it good.

Walk through the Shark Tunnel

"I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots."
Name that show.
Didn't know it? We're no longer friends.

Touched these squishy things.
They grabbed onto your fingers until they realized you weren't food.

Starfish! I thought they'd be squishy, but they were not.
Disappointment.


And the very, very, VERY BEST part of the Aquarium....

STINGRAY BEACH CLUB!

WHERE WE GOT TO TOUCH STINGRAYS!

This is who I lovingly named "Mac Daddy"
Cause he was massive.
And he liked to come to the edge and then splash everyone.

Getting ready to splash.
Please love that I am the only one over the age of 6
(or not accompanying someone under 6) who is LOVING it

View of Philly.
Ryan and I attempted to get a shot of both of us with the skyline
in the background. Let's just say it was a lost cause from the get-go.

3 comments:

  1. i have touched glitter in the last 24 hours!... new girl :) i love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Em are too much alike. She would have been right with you at the sting ray area. She LOVES them too. Looks like you had a fun day. Thanks for posting all the pics. You know I LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! We have been contemplating heading to Shedd this weekend cause we've never been. But I don't think it's happening. Booo.

    When you said you didn't like touching the sharks I thought, "No way, they have to at least be kinda similar to string rays and those totally rock. How could she not like it?" Then you redeemed yourself with your favorite part- STINGRAYS! I'm so jealous. I would have stood there for hours. They are so cool. If we ever make it to Philly, we'll be going here just for the rays.

    Ah darn. Didn't know it was from New Girl, but I did guess right, does that count?

    ReplyDelete