Tuesday, February 7, 2012

fashion show. fashion show. fashion show at lunch. for my blog.

I ventured out early this Sunday. For none other than THE JASON WU COLLECTION FOR TARGET! Naturally there was a line outside the store, waiting for the doors to open. And I felt bad for the man who was there to do some everyday grocery shopping before the Superbowl and had no idea what was going on. "You here for the Jason Wu collection?" "Aww man! I'm just here to do some shopping!" Bahaha. Hilarious.
Some people were jerkfaces and just grabbed everything in sight so that they could go home and sell it on ebay for a ka-trillion dollars. And other people (ahem, me.) (and the nice lady I talked to by the fitting room who has 3 daughters and was there for support. so sweet.) just grabbed their sizes in whatever they could reach, tried it all on, and bought what they liked while surrendering the stuff they didn't want to those waiting by the fitting room for the discards.

I was given a budget (a VERY GENEROUS budget at that!), remained reasonable and level headed, and came home with 3 new items to add to my wardrobe AND under budget. It was a fantastic day. Like a really, really, wonderful, super great day. (Thanks again Rye, for letting me splurge a bit and get some new clothes)


I have 3 sisters. So it's only natural that when I buy new clothes, I want to come home and put on a fashion show. Ryan is just the sweetest, so he kind of puts up with me and will sit and watch, but he doesn't last too long. Or notice the little details. Or ask for a spin. Or you know...do the girly stuff.

So, you ready? You want to see what I got?
Fashion Show? Fashion Show? Fashion Show at lunch?

Item number one: Black Accordion Skirt.
I'm super pumped I got this skirt. I've wanted an accordion skirt for a really long time now, but every time I've seen one it's either a hundred bucks or too long or too short or a terrible color. I've had such a hard time finding the perfect one. And then when I saw this one in the preview of the collection, I knew I wanted it.

Drake REALLY wanted to be in the fashion show too.
He photo bombed several of my photos.
I was really lucky to snag that beauty too. When I got into the store, there were only 3 left. A 14, 16 and 6. Me and one lady reached for the size six at nearly the same time. She was so gracious and let me take it. (I offered to give it to her too, I wasn't a total jerk or anything) It's a little big, because I'm not a size 6, (not sure why I'm sharing this info) but it's meant to be high waisted, so it just sits lower on me. Which is totally cool with me. I love it.
It's a super good twirl skirt.
Love.
Pretty little details.
Item number two: White "Tie" T-Shirt.
This shirt wasn't in the preview, so I didn't even know about it until I got to Target. But I was super excited when I saw it. I love tie-shirts. A little bow? A bit of whimsy? What's not to love?
No joke, every time I shop in a vintage store, the first thing I look for is tie-blouses. I've wanted one ever since I saw "Hairspray"

That's not me. Or Jason Wu. It's Tracy Turnblad.
And if you didn't know that, you need to go watch Hairspray this second.

with my toms wedgies.
I call them wedgies, cause it sounds like a 10 year old boy.
Little wheels.

Item number three: Blush Tie-Blouse.
I may or may not have squealed out loud in the fitting room when I tried this on. I was also not the only girl squealing or giggling there. I felt right at home amongst these ladies. Haha.
I went all out and did the whole socks with bare legs and shoes combo. Which turns out, I love. (Those socks are pretty lacey ones, you can't really tell from the picture. But trust me, they're not just sports socks or something silly.) I realize it's not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but I don't care cause I like it and that's all that matters.

Pretty little details.

Pretty little details number two.
(Thanks for the photo fix, Julie!)
Sigh....so pretty. They're almost too pretty to wear. Almost. Psh.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. Let me list the reasons i love this blog post...
    1. I had a 2 fashion shows with my roommates this week, and both times i was singing "Fashion show at lunch" in my head, but not out loud cuz i knew they wouldn't know what I was talking about.

    2. As soon as I saw your accordion skirt I thought in my head, "Spin! Spin! Spin!" and then you did. And i love that picture. Its totes adore.

    3. You are everything I want to be in the fashion world (well, in basically every world). Stinkin' best style in ever. You're awesome, and I love you.

    4. I love the way you write. It literally makes me laugh out loud. I was reading this in class today (whoops, don't tell my teach), and had to control myself from giggling too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also, i saw that last picture, and my photo brain went all crazy like and was like, "Julie! Fix that picture! Make it pretty!" so, i did, but i cant post that in a comment, so i will email it to you, and maybe you should switch it out. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok-first you look absolutely adorable in every single thing! I love all of it, second you made me laugh out loud-I had to read it to "dad" cuz he wanted to know why I was laughing. I can just picture Ryan watching. Now you know what I have lived through all these years :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nan, once again LOVED your post. I have missed watching "fashion shows"! Do you even know how many in my lifetime I have sat through??....but have enjoyed every one of them and now actually miss them. All you girls and all your shows!! Loved the details and the "spin" pic. Did the belt come with the skirt? So funny on adding the video clip and the fact that Julie was singing it in her head...lol....and that she had a "fashion show" last week! So funny that we do fashion shows. I know all girls do it is just funny. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Can't believe I missed it in it's grand debut.

    All super cute items and you make them all the better. You're adorable.

    ReplyDelete