Wednesday, March 14, 2012

chick-fil-a got awesome

I didn't grow up near a Chick-fil-a.
Actually the first time I remember having it was in my third year of college.
And I thought, "What's the big deal?"
Everyone always raves about Chick-fil-a, and I didn't get why.
We've tried it a couple of times since moving to Philly, but always with the same result. Not loving it.

Well last weekend, I saw the chick and really wanted a milkshake. Plus also, I was super hungry. So we ended up going in and getting some food.


And whoa. It was awesome.
Minus the fact that my chicken nuggets were LITERALLY the size of my thumbnail.
I hate when people say literally when it's not true. So when I use that word, just know that I'm being truthful and not exaggerating.
And I mean, the nuggets were still delicious, but I should have gotten like 24 and not 6.

Cookies and Cream Milkshake. We should have gotten two.
As we were walking in, I saw an ad for their new dipping cheese sauce. So I gave it a go.
And it was incredible. I wanted to put it on everything I would ever eat in my entire life. It was the most delicious artificial cheese I have ever eaten. Ever. In my entire life.
I know. It looks disgusting. Like it's gonna go straight to your arteries and give you a heart attack in approximately 2.5 weeks. But looks aren't everything my friend, they aren't everything.

So I've come to the conclusion that for me to like Chick-fil-a, I just need to go in with low expectations. Every time I've gone in expecting to be blown away by their awesome food, it's like, "Meh. That was sub-par." But this time I went in expecting a sub-par meal and ended up being like, "HOLY WAFFLE FRIES, THIS CHEESE DIP JUST CHANGED MY LIFE!"

That, or Chick-fil-a really just got a whole lot better.

5 comments:

  1. Just got back from Chick-Fil-A with A. Becky! It is her favorite. I LOVED the waffle fries and of course had to have a shake all to myself. You were correct....you should have had two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to side where the grass is always greener, nance! Chick-fil-a has always rocked and always will! Can't wait to get my hands on some in a few weeks! I have never had the cookie shake but I bet it is as good as the peach one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been to one. Are they even in MI? Cheese dip looked good, really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why does my comment have a trash can next to it and no one else's does?

    ReplyDelete