Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Kony 2012

I had a pretty little post all laid out and ready to publish today.
But then I finally watched the Kony 2012 video that's been going viral.
And well, my pretty little post...it can wait.

If you haven't watched this video yet, you need to now.
It's only 29 minutes and worth every second
.

If you're reading this sentence and haven't watched the video yet, shame on you.

When I was watching this video, I couldn't help but think of God's timing in my life. Had this video been posted/trending a month ago, I wouldn't have watched it. I'm well aware of Joseph Kony and the LRA. It's not new news. So I wouldn't have watched it. I'm just being honest. I told you, I don't like reading about Uganda. I don't like looking at pictures or watching videos. It makes me sad. And, as much as I hate to admit this, it makes me feel like God is tormenting me and playing with my heart. "Remember that time I sent you to Uganda and made you think I had big plans for your life? A beautiful plan that would involve this beautiful country in a big way? And you fell so hard and so fast and so in love? And then I had you return home and live in a stinky city?" That's how I feel when I hear about Uganda. It makes me quickly lose faith and hope.

So, lately, I've been reading about Uganda. And wondering, "Why now? Why is this all coming up again now?"
I guess I know now.
This is something I can do.
This is something I can do from here.
This is something for me to be a part of.

Kony 2012.
Let's make him famous.



And yes, I'm well aware that Joseph Kony is no longer in Uganda or abducting children in the mass numbers that he used to be. But that doesn't change the fact that he is a terrible man who needs to be stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment