Saturday, August 11, 2012

just a dump

Oh heavens. I put my blog off for a week, cause I was extra busy with working. Seriously. People are calling me left and right for watching their kiddos. Crazy business. Anyways, so I did that. And then my planned posts kind of piled up on me. And then every time I came here to post something it was more like a chore because I had to do x,y and z before I could post what was inspiring me for that evening.

Then today, I was like, "Screw that."
So I'm just gonna dump all my planned "Philly Bucket List" post business here, so that I can consider myself "caught up" and start posting regularly again. I mean, really, it's August 11th and this is my first post of the month? Ceetus La Peetus. [10 points for the first person to name that movie. Julie, you don't get to play. But I'll award you 10 points anyway since I know you know it.]

First up: My in-laws came for a little weekend visit!! We braved the 103 degree heat and headed out to the National Aquarium in Baltimore! It was so nice having visitors and not going to see the Liberty Bell :) I'm so over that thing. Haha.
We had a blast! We all really loved the jelly-fish and I swear my Dad-in-law got a video of a jelly-fish farting. It's not even a joke.

Then my supposedly-retired-from-the-force-ex-cop Dad did some police business after witnessing some chicks fighting. And one of them got maced. My mom-in-law and I were shopping during all this mania. And buying caramel and M&M covered apples. Naturally.

Second up: We checked the "Outlet Mall" off our Philly Bucket List. Hahaha. Whoop-de-freaking-doo, I know. I had just heard really great things about this outlet mall so I've been wanting to go for a long time. And I got a nice little (er big!) gift card from the family I was nannying for when they moved. [It was a really sad day. I don't want to talk about it.]

But they did have a Bare Minerals store. So that rocked. And I FINALLY got the gingham button up shirt that I've been wanting for...uh...7 months or something.

Third up: We checked out Main Street Manayunk one sunny (and HOT) afternoon. I guess Ryan didn't realize why this was on our bucket list, cause the entire time he was like, "I had no idea this place was so cool!" And I was like, "Well, yeah. Why would it be on our bucket list if it was sucky?" I'm surprised he didn't come back with "Well, you took me to the outlet mall for our bucket list." Because that would have been a legit comeback. (Bummer Rye, maybe next time.)
We went in this really cool store that is the exactly what I want my future craft room/shed/separate house to be like. It's a good eclectic mix of vintage or refurbished pieces. You can check out his website here, but the store had a much different vibe than the website. The website kind of just reminds me of my mom's creepy dolls. (Have I ever told you about Sally?! Oh goodness, Sally is the definition of Creeps McGee and I've practically peed my pants several times because of her. She is an old and really big doll, like probably 3 and half feet tall. I've found her randomly placed in several spots around my parents house. You never know where she's gonna be. So, for example, I would be headed down to the dark basement, turn the corner and see Sally perched there at the bottom of the stairs and basically scream bloody murder and lose all control of my bladder because my mind was telling me that doll was about to murder me. I hate that dang Sally.)
This is a cuter version of Sally. Except Sally's
hair is nowhere near that nice. It's a frzzy mess.
Also, sorry in advance for your nightmares tonight.
Annnnyways, back to Manayunk. Since it was super hot, we basically just walked up and down main street and then got some froyo. FROYO, YO! We love frozen yogurt. Ryan reeeeally loves frozen yogurt. We both got dark chocolate and coconut (surprising, on Ryan's part, I know.) It was thebombdotcom. My mouth is actually watering just thinking about that coconutty goodness.


Oh and side note, I've started to post comment replies. Not to all comments, but to some. Sometimes certain comments really make me laugh or are really inspiring or someone asks a question that I want to answer...etc. So if you asked a question, be sure to check back for the answer! Or there should be an option to have reply comments emailed to you, so just check that if you want :)

Currently playing on the record player: Nothing again. Sorry, can't miss the Olympics!!

6 comments:

  1. Zenon, girl of the 21st century. And I am surprised I wasn't disqualified as well seeing as how Cetus lapedis is still part of my everyday vocabulary. Actually used it yesterday : ) p.s. how do you pronounce manayunk? I am hearing a mix of maniac and hunk of junk in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 points to you, Linds! I didn't know you knew that movie too! I thought maybe you were too old when it came out. Glad to hear it's still part of your vocab too :)
      It's pronounced man-eee-yunk (rhymes with junk), so your mix was correct!

      Delete
    2. Ha ha ha. I was totally too old when it came out. Shows how pathetic I am. Hmmmm, now what to spend my points on....

      Delete
  2. I can't believe your dissing "Sally" on your blog!! I sold her to a cute little girl during the garage sale. She LOVED her but her mother wasn't so sure. I was really pushing all of Sally's good features(yes she had many)to this mother. She caved. I was happy and sad all at the same time.....bye bye sweet Sally. I should have took a picture of her before her departure. Brooklyn and Seraya wanted her but Emily wasn't having any of it. Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh how many times can I think "Nan has the coolest blog ever!" You've totally got me beat in the blogosphere. +10 points to you and -10 to me for not having a clue who Xenon is.

    Letting your blog rest for a week- totally forgiveable. I let mine go for months. But I just posted about my favorite orphan. Check it out. You + Me + Orphans = Hearts twittering

    Can't belive you found a Sally look alike picture! Yes, Sally almost made her way into our basement, I was sweating that one. Brooklyn and Seraya were quite pleased two sisters bought her at the sale. And as Mom is giving them the hard sale, I was trying so not not to laugh and that poor Mom. I think the girls bought her for $10! Suckers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job pawning her off on another poor family, Em!!

      Delete