Thursday, August 30, 2012

philly bucket list: phillies game!

I was so hesitant about going to a Phillies game. When we first moved here, all we saw were Phillies jerseys. The city is like a freaking sea of red t-shirts and hats. I was adamant that I would never attend a Phillies game nor don their colors in support of the team. I would not be "one of them."
They're ruthless, I tell ya.
[Did you read those hyperlinked articles? I am not at all surprised that Philadelphia holds the #1 AND #2 spots for meanest sports fans in America.]

But darn it, those Phils grew on me.
And well, it's highly unlikely that they'll ever play my beloved Tigers (miss you Magglio! But only a little bit, because let's be honest, I was hardly your biggest fan. I'm kind of a fair-weather sports fan) so I figured, it's not the worst thing to go to one measly little game. Right? So I reluctantly added it to our Philly Bucket List.

On Friday, after hitting up Wal-mart and buying some clearance Phillies gear, we headed out to the game. Joining the sea of red on the subway ride down to the stadium.

It was a perfect evening for a baseball game. We couldn't have asked for better weather.
And well, I say I did a pretty good job at picking out our seats. Score. Plus the tickets were only $9.50 a piece. Double score.
A little high, but we didn't miss any of the action. And check out that city view!
I HAD A BLAST! This has been one of my favorite Philly Bucket List items to check off to date. It was a really good game, and I got so into it. I was getting really frustrated at the end when it was looking like my Phils could lose. My Phils, psh, I talk about them like I've supported them for years. Little do they know it's been a whole 4 days. Speaking of my Phils, I decided to pick a Phillie, like people have "a Tiger." "Whose your Tiger?!" (Ordonez. Always was Mags.) My Phillie is most definitely Chase Utley, which is unfortunate because errrbody and their mama likes Chase Utley. But he played a good game (all 3 outs 1 inning!) and I like his little smirk in his scoreboard pic.
Well, I was gonna put Chase Utley's official picture here, but I stumbled upon that.
And well, I clearly picked the right Phillie :)
I think Ryan had a lot of fun too. Although he was not nearly as into the game as I was. Case in point: his favorite part was when the Phillie Phanatic (their super lame mascot) came onto the field on a four-wheeler. I heard an audible gasp and turned my head to see Ryan frantically pointing at the field, "LOOK!!!!" he says. Hahaha, oh Ryan :) Plus, he kept cheering on a player on the other team. Because he liked his beard. This guy (Jayson Werth from the Nationals, who USED to play for the Phillies) is their best hitter AND has publicly said he hates the Phillies and their fans. So Phillies' fans HATE this guy. I was truly scared that Ryan was going to get us beat up.
Isn't he just the cutest Phillies' Fan you've ever seen?
I also decided that the players must pick their own pump-up music for when they are walking up the plate. So they probably all have a list of like 10 or so songs for the announcers to choose from, right? Ryan and I had fun discussing what our playlists would be. Take a little listen, what do you think? [Mine's awesome? Yeah, that's what I thought too.]

Ryan's Pump Up Jams

We had so much fun! I might have to continue to peruse stubhub for super cheap tickets to future games. I mean, we already have the gear. Might as well, right?

Currently playing on the record player: Nothing, got the dang tv on

No comments:

Post a Comment