Tuesday, August 21, 2012

me, myself and i [august]

It's time for another Me, Myself and I.




What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
I would REALLY love to have a "let me DIY for you" type of business. Where non-crafty people can bring a picture of something they like, or saw on pinterest, and I get to make it for them. And then they pay me for it.

I would attempt to make this blog more than something my family and a few others read.

Or I would love to just make stuff to sell, or up-cycle flea market finds. I would love to have an Etsy shop where I sell stuff that I love, but I feel like to be successful on Etsy, you need to have something that no one else can replicate. The inevitable failure is what keeps me away.

If you had only six months left to live, what would you do with the time?
Easy peasy. I would literally sell all my stuff and go work with Watoto for my last 6 months. Probably in Gulu (northern Uganda), but it doesn't really matter. I would just want to cuddle those little babies. Ryan would come with me, obviously.  Because he's not about to leave me in my last 6 months. And my Drakey baby. And we'd probably take a super swanky vacation for my last 2 weeks.
Although...come to think of it...I'd be willing to do that now. No need to know my death is 6 months away or anything.

If a front page news article was written on you, what would the headline be?
It'd probably be something like, "Girl Who's Giving Philadelphia a Bad Rep is Finally Set to Move. Hallelujah."

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Lately, I've been really hating when people try to prove that men and women are the same. And get offended when they discover, *GASP!*...we're different. I hate when people talk about double standards. Ugh. It's all stupid.

I hate when people use facebook to complain or whine about their lives.
Or preach about "my ammmaaaazing husband/boyfriend/girlfriend/wife" etc. Just tell them how you feel. Those posts are okay once in a while, but c'mon, enough is enough.

On that note, let me add...when people describe things as amazing.

Plus also, 'man cave' is on that list. So I love the people who did that survey.
(Sorry, that was way more than one. Haha)
What is your favorite chick flick movie?
I will always love "You've Got Mail." It is just...the perfect movie.

Currently playing on the record player: Madonna, "Like a Virgin"

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...sandwich.

    Stopping through from MM&I.

    I say get to creating and start an etsy shop. Create things you like from Pinterest that you'd use yourself and if they don't sell, you've got something for yourself. It's okay to fail.

    ReplyDelete