Friday, September 7, 2012

makin' me smile

I like to make lists. Especially when I have lots of things I want to write about and a list is the only way I can logically group them together. Because they are all completely unrelated. So here's a list of things that have been making me smile lately.

Please note that this list DOES NOT include snobby mothers who pay me to watch their children for TWELVE HOURS STRAIGHT while they sit (nap?) in their room all day. And cause me to have awkward interactions with their housekeeper while they avoid everyone. I've been having a really fantastic time with this whole "temporary nanny" thing, if you can't tell.

1. The Ragu Commercials.
Because seriously, these commercials rock. These two are my favorite.


And while we're at it...I laugh out loud at this commercial every time:

2. Little Bunnies in Sweaters.
No explanation needed. Obviously.

3. Knitting.
Ryan's Nana sent me a package full of knitting goods, and I'm currently working on a baby blanket for a friend who is having a baby boy really soon :) I'm loving it. Painting and knitting are now tied for my favorite crafting activity. It's got me really thinking about opening up that Etsy shop.

4. Asian Tourists.


I love Asian tourists. I've been kind of stalking them ever since I got my Diana camera. Kind of like Lilo in "Lilo and Stitch." She's got a rockin' tourist photo collection.
"Aren't they beautiful?"
 And Lomography recently posted an article about some people who found a briefcase full of undeveloped film near a dumpster. So they developed it and it was photos from a group of Asian tourists!! Seriously, my dream come true. I WOULD DIE. Okay, probably not, but I would at least cry. They made a documentary about finding these people, but it's in a different language. And then sub-titled in another different language. It's no use to me. BUT THESE PICTURES ARE INCREDIBLE!! If I was the one who found that briefcase, I would totally frame them. And make everyone who came to visit look at them. "This is a picture of an Asian man in a field of flowers." Our visitors would love me.



5. Oliver (the little boy who I regularly nanny and absolutely adore, it's gonna be a situation when I have to leave that kid) Bringing Me Home a Present from Their Recent Beach Vacation
I arrived to their house and his Dad says, "Do you want to give Nancy her present?" They returned from the kitchen and Oliver says "She-shell!!" while handing me my present that he picked out while on the beach. He's such a great kid, I'm so lucky I got hooked up with his family and I get PAID to hang out with him. He has me smiling every time I watch him.

Currently playing on the record player: Led Zepplin. I have no idea what album though.

1 comment:

  1. Are you knitting with the "continental" technique? It is how Grandmommy knits and it is way faster. If not, she can show you while your here.

    ReplyDelete