Monday, November 19, 2012

friday favorites

Guess there was no Friday Faves link-up this week, but I still wrote my post, so I'm posting it anyways. Even if it is 3 days late.

Considering I spent the earlier part of this week throwing up everything I ate in the last 3 months
(too much information? sorry) and the later part of the week laying on the couch being nauseous at even the thought of anything...this week was not so much fun.
Lucky for me, I had 3 moments that brightened this unfortunate span of 7 days for me...

1. Ryan surprised me!!
I always think Ryan is going to surprise me with something. Or more so, I always hope he is surprising me with something.
Walks in with his hand in his pocket?
     "Oh my gosh!! What did you get me?!"
Opens the trunk of the car while I'm sitting in the front seat?
     "Eeeeek!! You must be surprising me with something big this time!!"
Smiles for no reason?
    "A SURPRISE!!! FOR ME!!!"

I don't know why I do this. Because Ryan has probably surprised me like that...maybe five times. In the 10 years we've been together. I've set myself up for disappointment far too many times. You'd think I would learn by now!
But on Tuesday when I got back from watching Oliver, Ryan waited a total of 30 seconds before blurting out, "I got a surprise for you!" He walked out with a pretty pink box filled with delicious treats! Cupcakes from our neighborhood cupcake shop, mmm mmm!
(Unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy them though because 'The Great Stomach Bug of 2012' hit shortly after...but it's the thought that counts!)

I didn't take a picture of the cupcakes, so I got this picture from Pamcakes' website

2. Oliver brought me flowers and made me a card.
He is the sweetest.
I asked him (after I was better, of course) what he drew on my card and he said "Cats."
He also told me that he went to GVSU with me and told me he studied "um....cats."
















3. You've Got Mail was on TV Friday night!
I loooove You've Got Mail. One of my sisters and I watched it every single day for an entire summer one year. Not even kidding. It is the best movie ever made. I've been wanting to watch it for like 3 years now, but I lost my copy of it somewhere in the all the college moves I did. Haha, probably about time I re-invest in owning my favorite movie of all time. I was so excited when it was on TV. And DOUBLE BONUS, I caught it right at the very beginning! LOVE when that happens.


Wanna know what was NOT my favorite this week? The Beibs and Selena Gomez breaking up. I am irrationally and illogically upset about it. It's pathetic. I'm so sad for them.
I don't even know them.
NANCY, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THEM!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry that you were sick but nice that you had those two fun surprises from Ryan and Oliver. Nice to be loved. I have probably seen "You've got Mail" on dvd at garage sales a thousand times. I didn't know you were missing yours. Let me know next summer if you are still in need and I will get you one. So my favorite thing from last week (aside from the great life down here in FL that goes without saying) was going to my mailbox to find a note that said.....there is a package in the mail room for you. It wasn't a surprise as I knew it was the calendar I had ordered but I was excited to get it. I ordered one like last year from Picaboo and put some favorite family photo's in there. I included the one of you and Ryan on your Nanna and Poppa's golf cart. So cute. Another item that is just plain weird and I have been amazed the few times my brain has done this....a neighbor gave me a book by the title "Bonhoeffer" about Hiltler and the holocaust. Dad and I were reading the prologue and as soon as we finished that I got up to start dinner and asked dad if he wanted Spargel for our vege for dinner!!! My brain was thinking German and out came spargel. As you know I know didly of the german language but apparently I remembered asparagus. So strange, I was weirded out. Love you and love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that is SO WEIRD Mom! Can't believe your brain remembered that!

      Delete
  2. Well...unfortunately Ryan comes by the no surprise thing naturally-sorry. I have had probably 5 surprises in 30 years.So...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I'm not going to believe you next time you say you're taking a blog break, cause apparently you're still awesome enough to keep it going and I have been missing out. Sweet!
    Hope Ryan doesn't get hurt feelings after reading your blog. I think 5 times is pretty dang good! So funny that you are always expecting a surprise. Yeah, I think you'll learn yourself out of that eventually.

    ReplyDelete