Friday, November 23, 2012

me, myself and i [november]



Another edition of Me, Myself and I! A little late, but whatever. I do what I want.

1. What are your top 5 favorite movies to watch during the Holidays?
The Grinch
A Christmas Story
Elf
The Holiday
Home Alone...but I like to watch that anytime

2. It’s the month of giving thanks, what are you most thankful for?
I'm such a jerk, but I'm really thankful the month is almost over and I can stop reading what everyone else is thankful for on Facebook. (For reals, I need to be done with facebook. I really mostly hate it these days.) Who started that anyways? Ugh. Pretty sure I don't like them.

BUT, for real now, I'm thankful for the money to have a nice apartment and eat a variety of yummy foods! And to pay for hobbies :)
I'm thankful for my sweet puppy, whom I love so so much. Even if he did unravel lots of work from the baby blanket I've been knitting for months.
I'm thankful for hands that craft and clean. And feet/legs that allow me to walk and ride my bike.
I'm thankful (SO THANKFUL) that I got hooked up with Oliver and his family. He is the best little kid and I'm so grateful I get to be his nanny.
I'm thankful for Skype that makes family and best friends feel a lot closer than they physically are.
I'm thankful for my cameras.


3. If there was a quote or verse to describe your life, what would it be?
"Life isn't about quotes about life"


4. Who in your family are you most alike?
I'm a lot like my Mom. I'm frugal. And I have to keep everything that is remotely tied a memory, or might be useful at any point in the next 20 years. I love to play games, and am super competitive about it.
But I'm also a lot like my Dad. I love to make stuff; I get a sense of accomplishment when I do something productive with my hands. I'm creative. I'm a problem-solver.


5. What is your favorite drink order at Starbucks?
As much as I hate Starbucks, I frequent it often because it's so convenient. I'm a total coffee snob and prefer my espresso to be properly pulled. I don't think I have EVER had a good shot of espresso from Starbucks. EVER. So when I do get something there, I try and cover up the taste of their terrible espresso. I like to get soy mochas. Or pumpkin spice lattes. Or if I'm really needing something sweet I like raspberry white mochas. But whew, those bad boys are SA-WEET! And my diet can basically be boiled down to sugar, sugar and more sugar, so that's sayin' something!

Currently playing on the record player: (Whoops! Been leaving this out lately!) The Beach Boys, The Beach Boys' Christmas Album

2 comments:

  1. Ooohh... I think I would like the Beach Boys Christmas album. Let's listen to some while we are at your place. I wouldn't be able to look at Drake if he'd done that to my work. You have such a big heart. Trying to figure out where that pic of you and I was taken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers :) I think that raspberry white mocha sounds amazing! I need to try that sometime if I can ever pull myself away from the norm :)

    ReplyDelete