Monday, October 14, 2013

365: Week 4

Well, I've had my camera for a month and tomorrow I will have successfully completed my first month of this 365 project! I can see my skills improving and have already gotten so comfortable with my camera. I've figured out lots of little "shortcuts" so to speak, so it's getting really easy for me to adjust all the settings a bit more quickly and in the moment.

It's also not at all a challenge for me. I'm LOVING toting my camera around and taking tons of pictures. It's like I see the world differently when I have a camera along for the ride. I look at everything with a bit of a more careful eye. I really take in my surroundings. In one of my favorite books, Instant Love, they talk about seeing the world in squares. That is, looking at everything as if it were a polaroid image...or a potential image rather. How would you shoot it, how would you compose it, etc. I guess that's how I mostly look at the world...how would that look as a picture? Would I want to take it with my DSLR, my Dianes or my SX-70? How's the lighting? What if I look at it from this angle? Would I move anything around and change the composition at all, or do I like the organic feel of where everything lies naturally? These questions are always kind of bouncing around in my head. And I guess I'm just now realizing that's kind of strange, and can't at all be normal. But I'm okay with that. I've found a hobby to love!

I've decided I don't really like sharing my pictures from everyday. Some days I just don't really like the pictures that I take, and while I can grow in that and appreciate the not as good pictures for the learning tool that they are, I really only want to be sharing the pictures that I love. So like I said, how this project effects my blog will change through out the year until I get in a groove that I like, and I guess here's the first change. Nothing major, just going to be sharing pictures that I love. Some weeks I may share from all 7 days, some weeks I may only have 1 photo.
Here are my favorites from this past week:

Day 26, 10/9
A gloomy day in San Diego is a very rare thing! It was...heavenly. Haha. I got to WEAR LAYERS to work. LAYERS!

Day 26, 10/9 (Again)
What is this?!


And a few from a little photo shoot I did with Drake. Which of course are mostly showing up blurry or grainy on here, because they are favorites of mine and blogger likes to stick it to me like that. Anyways, Drake loves to sleep in our bed. And we, of course, hate him sleeping in our bed because he has dark fur and we have white sheets...and eww. So as I was preparing to strip the bed to wash the sheets, and I saw the beautiful late morning light coming in our window...I saw the perfect opportunity to spoil the little Bubs and get some good pictures of him in the process.
Day 28, 10/11
 
Day 28, 10/11

Day 28, 10/11

Day 28, 10/11

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love this project! Every time you post pictures is a good day in my book! haha Those photos of Drake are wonderful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Meg's comment. It is always a good day for me when you post ANYTHING on your blog (and I love when Em has something new up too). Dad is getting ready to pull the plug on our cable as we are heading out first thing in the a.m. to Atlanta for our RV rally and then on to FL after that so won't be back on checking until next week. Will look forward to a new post when I get back on. Loving all the pics always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pics and seeing your life through the eyes of your camera. Really LOVE the pics of Drake :P

    ReplyDelete