Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sprinkles cupcakes

Checked another thing off my "26 before 26" list...having a Sprinkles cupcake.


Sprinkles cupcakes was the first cupcake bakery. It opened in Beverly Hills in 2005 and pretty much started the whole cupcake craze. I've read so many raving reviews and blog posts about their cupcakes (specifically the red velvet)! So when I saw there was a store just a 15 minute drive from our apartment, I knew I had to go.


There were no tables available when we got there, so we decided to get our treats to go and have them for dessert later. We each got a caramel apple, and Ryan got a red velvet and I got a banana chocolate.


And while I hate to say this...I wasn't super impressed. The cupcakes are beautiful, don't get me wrong. And of course they are good, they're cupcakes for crying out loud! But after my first bite or two, I was kinda just like, "Eh. I could make this." There was nothing super special about it.  Sorry, Sprinkles.

Now Magnolia Bakery's Devil's Food Cake cupcake...that puppy is good. That cupcake is to die for! That little guy might convince me to one day live in NYC (Oh geez. I take that back. I'm done with the East Coast. Buuuuut I sometimes do find myself dreaming about living in the Big City one day. And if you recall, NYC was like a beautiful little retreat from Philly for us. Wait! No! I take that back too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment