Friday, October 4, 2013

my [our] favorite place

Yay!! We finally made it to our favorite place this past weekend...Torrey Pines Beach!
Torrey Pines is a State Park along the coast just north of us. It is BEAUTIFUL! Crystal blue water, cliffs, perfect waves...how could you not love it?

Well, this picture hardly does it justice. But it was a lot more difficult than I expected to get a photo
while in a moving car, driving through bridge construction. (Shot with my point-and-shoot)

We like to pack a cooler full of snacks and drinks and sometimes a lunch and spend the afternoon there. We mostly love it because it has great waves for boogie boarding! Haha, we're like little children of the ultimate tourists, but whatever. It's super fun. Even if the water is freeeezing and we can hardly feel our legs when we're done.

No, those are not smudges on your computer. Just smudges on my lens. Darn it.


Currently playing on the record player: Still going strong with The Mamas and The Papas, always a favorite

2 comments:

  1. Ooo goodie! More than one post to comment on tonight.

    A beach for a favorite place, how Californian, and awesome! I would not be found in frigid waters, but I could certainly join you on the picnic snacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snacking is the best part! Last time we had a bunch of seagulls slowly closing in on us though...yikes!

    I was telling Ryan last time we were there, that if the Mechams ever came to visit, I could see Seraya maybe trying to boogie board with us. I don't think Brooklyn would be a fan :) But maybe, sometimes kids can surprise you!

    ReplyDelete