Sunday, July 5, 2009

America, America, THIS IS YOU!


I, along with 6 other American volunteers, spent the 4th of July...wait for it...wait for it...
WHITE WATER RAFTING THE NILE!!!

It was absolutely incredible! We had such a great time! There's not much to blog about it. But I thought you would all want to know what I did to celebrate America's independence. I wore our colors proudly and we told everyone we were celebrating America's independence the best way we knew how here in Uganda.

I also had the theme song to "America's Funniest Home Videos" stuck in my head all day. So I kept singing, "You're the red, white and blue! Oh the funny things you do! America, America, this is you!!"

Prayer Requests: That I would make the most of my LAST WEEK, not wish it away. That I would learn to cope with doing everything in a group and not be grumpy with everyone...or that God would bless me with a little bit of "me time" everyday. And lastly, for Patience, who has gotten extremely sick.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow.....rafting on the Nile!!! How fun. I was cracking up about you singing the funny video theme. Now it's in my head too :) I will lift up your prayer requests. Poor Patience.

    ReplyDelete