Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lunch with the Woosters...AHHH!!


Today I was EXTREMELY BLESSED to spend an hour or so with some friends from back home. Aaron and Kacie Wooster, who have been traveling the world all summer, are in Uganda this week! I didn't think there would be a way for us to get together, but I figured that I would give them my cell phone number just in case. Turns out they had today off! They gave me a call and were able to come have a short tour of Baby Watoto and then we headed out for lunch at Garden City. It was so great to see familiar faces and we had some good conversation over lunch (that I was treated to, THANK YOU AARON AND KACIE!) After lunch it was like, "Oh yeah...I'm still in Uganda." Haha. It was a great day!
Photo Credit to Aaron and Kacie, I didn't have my camera on me so I stole the picture they posted on their blog :)

I only have 2 days left at the baby home...CRAZY!! It hit me on Wednesday that I was actually leaving. I had to choose some new people to look after DAVID and Patience (turns out there was a mis-communication and my boy's name is David, not Daniel), we got the new schedule and my name wasn't on there AND I got my volunteer exit evaluation form! It hit me hard and I just burst into tears during lunch. Oh goodness. I am excited to be coming home though. It is bittersweet for sure.

Prayer Requests: That I would have a peace about leaving and wouldn't get too upset these next 2 days and that I will adjust well into my life back home.

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo cool that you got to spend time with Aaron and Kacie!! I am glad the timing worked out for you all. We are soooo looking forward to you coming home. We are praying obviously for safe travels and your requests you listed above. See you Monday. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy! Glad you were able to connect with Aaron and Kacie. Will be thinking about you today as you prepare to travel back home (and I'll be wearing your t-shirt!). You have been a great blessing to Uganda (and especially David and Patience). What great lifelong friends you have made too. Safe travels. Juli Wooster

    ReplyDelete