Saturday, May 14, 2011

my modcloth wishlist.

What? You haven't heard of ModCloth? You mean, you aren't as obsessed with vintage clothes as I am? C'mon guys. For those of you that haven't discovered the joy that is ModCloth, it's a fantastic website that sells vintage/retro/vintage-feeling clothes. And it's "run democratically"...so the people who shop there get to vote on potential inventory. Ingenious right?

So since I've learned that sometimes people like to give me stuff when I post it on my blog, I thought, DUH! I should post my wishlist and then maybe one day I'll open my door and I'll have a bunch of new clothes sitting on the stoop. What a wonderful world that would be, right?

So here is my ModCloth wishlist. In no particular order. Enjoy.

1. Bow wrap dress. I love bows. Like really really love bows. And turns out, so does the stylist for Emma Pillsbury. My love for her runs deep.

2. "Brilliant Business Plan in Indigo" Adorable, no? [If someone in this joint would ever hire me] I'd be the best dressed business woman you ever did see!

3. Craving Curry Skirt.


4. Dial Me Up Cardigan. You know what? Everytime I buy a cardigan (which is much more often than you would think, my wardrobe is just about 50% cardigans) I have to say, "Shake your party-cardy!"



5. Life of a Sparrow Dress. That Peter Pan collar...kills me.

6. Yacht to Trot Shorts. Except, these are too pricey for shorts, in my opinion. But still ridiculously cute.

6. Owl ring. Oh, you haven't heard? I've developed a mild obsession for owls. And I'm not really sure why. [Wait til you see my most recent thrifting treasure]

7. Take a Shine To Top.

8. Beach Blanket Bingo Bathing Suit. I've actually been eyeing this beauty for a looong time now. I have the hardest time finding bathing suits and still being modest, but I think this would certainly do the trick! And it's so adorable! I love it!



So yeah. If I had a lot of money, and had to spend it on myself, these are precisely the things I would buy.

And I'd probably go back to Retrospect and buy that record player I saw today. It was pretty fantastic and was dying to be in our home... trust me, I know these things.

4 comments:

  1. You sent me on a trip to the ModCloth website and I was there forever. What a good trip. Nancy, I love you. And I love your blog, and I've taken to reading it, oh every day. Yeah, I know, you don't post every day, but I wish you did because I check every day. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!! :) You rock my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and remember the days when we used to email each other? Yeah, I barely can, because it was sooo long ago! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear I commented on this already, and I was coming back because I thought I forgot to say, and wanted to add, that I love that bathing suit! I've been obsessing over vintage bath suits for a few months now, probably because of Kelle Hamptons beautiful suits. Unfortunately I burned my back so bad last spring that I don't think I'll ever find myself in a suit again, at least not a cute one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi. i just found this downloadable pattern to make a button down skirt, like the craving curry one you want. you should make it!

    http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/helena-skirt-a-new-pattern-download?image=141585

    ReplyDelete