Monday, May 23, 2011

when life gets boring...

...I do things to make it interesting.

Last week, I found myself brushing up on my American history by watching "Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie." I miss my high school history classes. And it was nice to still have a little flicker somewhere in my head every time they showed the name of an atomic bomb test. [Did you know I used to know all of the names of those tests, where they were performed, what was being tested and what the results were? Crazy, right? Now I just have little flickers of that past knowledge.]

And a few nights ago? I straightened Ryan's hair. Because it was really long and well, I was bored.
He was all, "Hi. I'm Ryan. I'm in a band."
No he wasn't. I made that up. But that's what he was like in my head.
Mostly, he just looked like the Beeeeeibs.














And it was funny and made us laugh.

And sometimes I just make up games to play with Drake. Games like, "Blow on His Face Until He Growls and/or Lunges at Me" or "Make His Ears Go Foldy-Forward " or my personal favorite "Run", which consists of us chasing each other around downstairs.
He puts up with a lot.

Other times I lust over things I want, but will probably never buy because I 'm cheap know my money can be spent on much more meaningful things.

Dear Mom, Please find me a chair like this garage saling.




















So, what do you do when you're bored?

1 comment:

  1. i also search for things that i would like... & i read sometimes, i organize things too, but that's mostly when i'm procrastinating....

    ReplyDelete