Tuesday, May 10, 2011

victim of the trend.

I have fallen prey to the hipster trend of using plastic toy cameras.













Look at my new friend! Isn't it a beaut?

This is my Diana F+ camera. I've been wanting one for a while now. One of the blogs that I follow had a post that included a picture she took with her Diana Mini. I saw the picture, and it was like...well...I felt like this:

[(500) Days of Summer, anyone? I know I've mentioned this before, but seriously. That movie rocks. I think it's about time I watch it again. It's been a whole 3 months.]

Anyways, it was at that moment that I knew I wanted a Diana camera. But they're pretty pricey, so I knew it just wasn't in the cards for me. At least not for a while. (You know what? I hate that saying, "It wasn't in the cards." Very odd that my fingers so smoothly typed it out.)

It's been at least 6 months since I started wanting this camera. I have a confession. I would go into Urban Outfitters just to look at the Diana cameras. I think I even went there 3 times in one week. Pathetic? Maybe. In love? Most definitely. Kind of desperate and poor? Of course.

And then one day I came home, and Ryan had surprised me and used some of his birthday money that he had saved and bought me one!
[Boys can be nice sometimes]

Be ready for some future posts featuring my Diana photos :)

6 comments:

  1. haha, nancy i'm so glad you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are happy with your new "toy" but I don't get it. You would rather use a plastic camera than your nice one?? Maybe I need to see a picture. I will wait for another post. Love that movie clip. I have never seen that one. Maybe we could watch it together if there is any time while you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! LOVE IT SO MUCH! We should have a plastic lens photo shoot sometime, me wiht my holga, and you with your diana. And mom, Toy cameras are so fun! They are kind of known for their imperfections. its great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! YAY! YAY! We should have a toy camera photo shoot sometime. Me with my holga, you with your diana! Fun!

    And Mom, plastic lenses are known for their flaws. THey arn't the greatest quality, but that mistakes lead to really awesome pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you gonna name it? I thought it was named diane f+ until i realized they're all named that! you should come up with something very unique and exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been noticing the popularity of some kind of photo on other blogs and loving it but not knowing what it was. Perhaps it was a toy camera photo? I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete