Sunday, September 4, 2011

stamp of disapproval

I'm pretty open-minded and I can be fairly easy going, BUT there are somethings that I just can.  not.  stand.

Number 1: Adult Pigtails 
(being worn in public. I have to add that cause I can be found in pigtails many times when I'm stuck in the apartment cleaning or doing laundry, haha.)

Ladies...if you are having trouble doing your hair and thinking about reverting to the "classic" pigtail look, ask yourself these 2 simple questions:
1. Am I under the age of 9?
2. Am I Zooey Deschanel and/or Summer in 500 Days of Summer?

If either of the answers to these questions is no...then DON'T DO IT. Pigtails on adults are not attractive. And if you think they look cute, you're wrong. They are hideous and I completely disapprove of them. (Unless you're Zooey Deschanel. Because in that case, you can pull off anything. Keep doing your thing, girl!)

Number 2: "Man Caves"
I hate the phrase.
I hate the idea.
I hate them.
First of all, if a guy needs a room just to himself, then it can be his room. Why must it be called a "MAN CAVE?" I absolutely hate it. Second of all, why not design and plan your home to be a place that everyone can enjoy? That way you don't need to send your husband to a dark and dingy "cave" for him to enjoy himself. It's ridiculous.
There are so many times that I can't even sit through an episode of House Hunters because every freaking couple needs an extra room for a "man cave." Ugh, kill me now.

Number 3: Announcing You're Pregnant on Facebook by Showing a Picture of Your Ultrasound Image
Hi. No one wants to see your uterus. Thanks.


P.S. I got my gifted laptop!! I'm back to the blog world :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with all three but ESPECIALLY number 3. Which reminds me...dear random girl from my first grade class who I am friends with on FB, I really don't need to hear how much weight you've gained every week of your pregnancy. Thanks, Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought about it, but I do hate man caves and I can't believe how many men are in NEED of one on House Hunters. How did you ever think to put that on your blog? You are a true blogging genius. I am so glad you have a computer of your own now because your blog is so highly enjoyable to me.

    I don't mind ultrasound pics, but I can see how putting them on facebook could be a bit much.

    Pigtails are out? Darn! What about french braid pigtails that are joined in the back as a bun? Does that make the cut cause I sport that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY! I happen to really like ultrasound pictures of babies for announcements on Facebook! They are very special to someone like me, and someday (not soon) I'm sure I'll post them often!! Meany...lol

    ReplyDelete