Sunday, September 22, 2013

365: Week 1

Here are my photos from Week 1 of my 365 project.

I think one thing that might take me a while to "adjust" to, will be that I won't LOVE all my pictures. I'm sure I'll have a couple stand out every week and definitely have a handful by the end of the year. But I need to be okay with not taking award-winning, magazine-worthy photos every day. And I need to continually remind myself that I'm still learning. Besides that minor disappointment so to say, I've been having fun looking for opportunities to snap a photo everyday!

Day 1 (9/14/2013)
Obviously, a favorite. Which I think will stand as a favorite through out the year.

Day 2 (9/15/2013)
The nanny-child is so close to crawling. He's in that push-up and rock back and forth stage. Any day now...

Day 3 (9/16/2013)
I really like the kitchen floor at the house where I nanny. I foresee many pictures being taken there.
Plus a chubby baby playing with a whisk? Pretty great.

Day 4 (9/17/2013)
We're FINALLY getting some peppers from our little porch/balcony garden :)

Day 5 (9/18/2013)
I maaaay have super-glued my thumb and index finger together.  I also may have dyed them
blue in the process of unsticking them (which isn't super obvious in this picture, unfortunately.)
I don't even like this picture, I'm only putting it on here for the sake of having a picture a day

Day 6 (9/19/2013)
Day 6 (9/19/2013)
I couldn't decide between these two. We had BBQ chicken cobb salads for dinner,
which included mini peppers from our porch/balcony garden (they were DELISH)

Day 7 (9/20/2013)
Our apartment number. Haha, another one that I don't like. Pretty boring.
But I did take it at night, so I'm impressed at how bright and non-blurry it is

Day 8 (9/21/2013)
Day 8 (9/21/2013)
Another day I couldn't decide on one. We went and watched the hang-gliders at the Gliderport
and then did a little bit of un-authorized exploring along the edge of the cliffs.

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, we are so much alike....the first thing I thought when I saw the "nanny child" on their floor was "boy I sure like that flooring"!!! And then I saw your comment in the next picture saying how much you liked the floor.....crazy! What were you doing to super glue your fingers together? I have done that before. You have a panic mooment for a second or at least I did. Loved the colors in your salad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, where have I been? Posts galore!

    This 365 thing is going to be great! Love them all! Well, expect the finger one. Don't feel bad. I think we've all done that. But how did you dye them blue? I always used nail polish remover to unstick mine (yep,more than once)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were REALLY stuck together, so I had to soak them in a bowl of nail polish remover for like a half hour! And of course, since my nail polish remover was blue, so were my fingers for the next hour or so.

      Delete