Thursday, September 12, 2013

analogue love

I FINALLY got these 2 rolls of film developed. They've been sitting on my desk for months now. Want to see my latest Diana cam loves? Look no further :)


Pretty self-explanatory...Four Corners, from our road trip

Elephant's feet, also from our road trip
(If you look closely, you can see Ryan and Drake down at the bottom of the right "foot")

 Inquisitive seagull at Mission Beach (look at that empty beach! Mission Beach DOES NOT look like this after Memorial Day)

Diggin' Bubs at Fiesta Island

Ryan at Fiesta Island (light leaks and vignetting? It's like a lomographer's dream come true!)

Our favorite neighborhood, Ocean Beach. Where lots of old hippies live :)

Colorado Landscape. I'm the next Ansel Adams. [Blasphemy]

St. Louis Arch at night, from our road trip

World's Largest Catsup Bottle, another road trip one

City Hall in Philadelphia. My first shot with my wide angle lens.

Philadelphia Skyline from South Street Bridge. Wide angle.

Drake at the dog park in Philadelphia. One of my faves, of course. Another wide angle.

I really REALLY love this one! Reading Terminal Market in Philly, another wide angle.
(Also, pronouced like RED-ing. Which is also how the Reading Railroad in Monopoly should be pronounced.
Sorry for crushing your childhood memories.)


I've also been working on a project with my polaroids. I want to fill a frame on our gallery wall with various polaroids of VW buses. So I've been slowly building my collection. Here's what I have so far, plus a couple of extras from our road trip.

From the penny arcade, a stop in Colorado on our road trip

Grand Canyon National Park

I'm amazed by the color in this one. Makes me so thankful for the diligent people over at Impossible Project.


Kind of hard to tell, but I really love the buses with the little flaps over the headlights like this one.
They look like eyelids to me :)


Currently playing on the record player: The Who, It's Hard

4 comments:

  1. Ya know I was thinking about how excited I use to get when I took pictures and had to run them to Meijers or wheverever to have them developed and anxiously waited for them to return so I could see what I really captured on film but now with digital it's not that exciting. Kind of odd. Love the pic of Ryan....so handsome and the one of Drake is priceless. Didn't you take a polaroid pic of a VW bus while you were here a few visits ago off of Old 23? Remember? I didn't see it in the line up to go on the gallery wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, good memory Mom! I did take a polaroid of VW there, my first picture with my SX-70. It is in the line up for the gallery wall, but I had already posted that photo in a previous post so I didn't include it here.

      Delete
    2. Didn't realize it was your first on your SX-70!! It should get prime location on the gallery wall :) Looking forward to seeing that wall when you have it all up.

      Delete
  2. I admit that at first I didn't get your love of that Diana or the polaroids, but I'm starting to see it. I love all those pics! The graininess and light flare and stuff, so cool. Ansel Adams, ha! Pretty close, that mountain one was my fav. Or maybe Drake digging. Or the green bus with eyelids. Bet your gallery wall is pretty sweet.

    Thanks for all the love on my blog!

    ReplyDelete