Sunday, September 8, 2013

ryan's favorite place

Hahaha, man, it's really hard getting back into the swing of blogging. That 6-month hiatus very much became the "new norm" and now my blog is not even on my radar most of the time. I'm really trying to get back into writing more often, because Ryan and I have both agreed that my blog is a great way to document our life. After my last post, we both went back and read a bunch of posts from the past. We loved re-living our road trip across America, being reminded of how sweet my little Oliver boy was (I MISS THAT KID SO MUCH), reading about the [few and far between] good-times we had in Philadelphia with our Philly Bucket list...you get it.

PLUS, on my birthday this past July, I made a list of 26 things I would like to do before I'm 26. And like I said, this is a great way to document life and slowly completing that list over the course of the next year is definitely something I want documented. (You can see the list here or by clicking the "26 before 26" tab, not all of the things will be written about, but I'll cross them off there as I complete them.)

Moving on...Ryan and I are really struggling getting to our favorite spot. We both have the same place for our favorite spot. And for a while, we were going every weekend, but lately we just can't seem to get there. Sometimes life gets in the way. Stupid mundane errands and junk. But for the sake of variety and timeliness, Ryan has agreed to let me post something else as his favorite. But just know it's not his number 1, more like a really close 2nd.

About a month or so ago, Ryan finally bought himself a motorcycle. He's been wanting one since the minute he gave my Dad back the one he loaned to him. He's been working really hard (and worked super hard getting through PA school) and deserved to get himself something nice now that we have a steady income. And I just got a job (part-time nannying again), so it was necessary for us to have more than just our car.

So, Ryan's favorite place to be, or favorite thing to do rather, is to go on long motorcycle rides. Mostly dirt road/mountain trail stuff. He always comes back a dusty mess. He loves it.


I think he's super cute riding his motorcycle. Which is probably not what he wants to hear. Or what he wants published on the internet. But how do guys riding motorcycles want to be described? Burly? Manly? Rough and Tough? I mean I don't know. So I'm sticking with my original. Super cute. [Sorry Ry-guy.]

Currently on the record player: Frank Sinatra, My Way (although it's not actually playing right now, just the last thing we listened to and it's still in the player)


3 comments:

  1. Love the post and the picture. I see a couple of things wrong with it....#1 - Where is Ryan's neon vest?...#2 - It doesn't look like there is enough room for your rear end on the back and no foot pegs for you? Dad and I may have to try the dirt trails when we visit:) I miss that!!! p.s. I think dad is cute on his Harley too, must go with the territory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why that's a close second! So cool Ryan! I love that you come back as a "dusty mess".

    26 before 26- great idea for blogging! Then you don't always have to come up with something.

    Thanks Nan! Hope to repay you with another mackinac day post today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I'm pumped you're blogging again. And you're right, Ry-guy sure does look cute on his motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete