Sunday, May 10, 2009

Halfway There


I made it to Amsterdam!! Obviously.
My flight was great! I sat next to a funny businessman from Grand Rapids-ish area, and we talked for quite a while. For dinner (wow, listen to this!)...our appetizer was salmon confit canape with citrus marmalade, beef tenderloin crostini with blue cheese, ginger-hoisen shrimp skewer and mixed nuts. The main dish was a salad of mixed greens with candied walnuts, piquillo peppers, and herbed goat cheese medallion, and beef short rib with garlic-hoisen sauce, wasabi mashed potatoes, and vegetables. I stole the menu; I didn't memorize all those fancy-schmancy things. It's funny how completely different buisness class and coach are. And I was so out of place with all the businessmen up there. I didn't know how to work anything. Luckily, I made "friends" with that man next to me, because he helped me with all of it.
I watched a little bit of "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" but decided my time would be better spent sleeping. I slept all the way until the announcement to put your seats in the upright position for landing was made!!
And here I am in the business class lounge in Schipol airport. Sorry the picture is kind of lousy, but it's a.) hard to take a good picture after traveling and b.) embarassing taking a picture of yourself holding a plate of mediocre free food when everyone around you is wealthy buisnessmen.
...the fruit tasted like a sweaty old lady. But the roll and donut were good. Still looking for your lemon tea, Mom!

That's all for now. My blogs will get a bit more interesting once I'm in Uganda, don't worry. I know this one was dullsville.

5 comments:

  1. Love the blog Nave! I am thinking you are probably in Uganda by now, I hope you are doing well and liking it there. I can't wait to read more updates! Love you and miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it that far at least...praying for your transition. Hope all is well. Kim smith

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about your blogspot Nan!! Good thing I remembered so I could see your picture in the schipol airport club. Thanks for posting a pic. I miss you already. Glad you made it in the lounge there. Looking forward to many more posts. Love you bunches, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great post! you had me laughing!

    ReplyDelete