Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sunday


I worked with the special needs children today. I won't call them babies...even though they are at the babies homes, they are older. They are just not developed enough to be "promoted" to the village. I'm not sure what the "cutoff" is or how all of that works, but I'm sure these kids won't be living at a babies home their entire lives. Anyways, I wasn't planning on working with this group because everyone who does is trained in that area. But they needed help today and they asked me. So I willingly went. It was not nearly as difficult as I would have imagined, it was actually much easier. I was surprised I enjoyed it so much, I never thought I would have had enough patience for that job. The picture above is of Bethany and Colin, two of the special needs children.

It was also "Kids Week" at Watoto church this Sunday. The children (of members of the church, not "Watoto Children" or the "Watoto Children's Choir") led worship. It was wonderful!! And I loved hearing all of their accents!

1 comment:

  1. I love that these little angels are putting on the biggest smiles! I bet all the kids there are for the most part pretty happy huh? It looks like a really nice place.

    ReplyDelete