Sunday, June 7, 2009

Another Outing with Phoebe


Yesterday, Jenna and I took our "favorites" to the evening service at Watoto Church. We got to pick out cute church-ey outfits and everything. I took Phoebe, and she wore a brightly colored flowery dress. It was absolutely adorable.
Phoebe has only been taken out twice, both times by me. She gets very nervous being outside of what she knows. She isn't like herself at all (which is typically giggly and squirmy.) This was actually a blessing in disguise, since I was taking her to church. She did pretty well, up until the last 15 minutes. And then the real Phoebe came out. She was fidgety and "talking" up a storm. The two ladies who run Baby Watoto were sitting in front of us, and they just turned around and laughed. Thankfully she wasn't being too loud and like I said, it was towards the very end.


We leave for our safari bright and early tomorrow morning!! I probably won't update again until Saturday.

Prayer Requests: I've been missing home a lot lately. Please pray that this won't get in the way of my work. I came here to love these children and I don't want my mind to be anywhere else while I am with them. Pray for safety for Jenna and I and the other volunteers. And lastly, Jenna has been feeling very scared of everything lately, pray that that won't hinder her in any way. Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. That is what I have been praying for you for this week. I have been letting God lead me as to what to pray for you for. Must be He knows best :) Hope you're having a blast on safari-what an awesome opportunity.
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete