Friday, June 12, 2009

Safari!






Jenna and I got back from our Safari Wednesday evening. It was SO MUCH FUN!! And it was incredible. I don't want to "ruin" any stories for when I return, so you'll just have to wait to hear all about our safari experiences. I can tell you a little bit about it though...We joined a team from Canada, who had just finished a building in the Watoto Suubi village. It seemed like it was mostly a "middle-aged" group, but I guess there were just as many under 40 or so as there was above. Whatever. They were fun, for the most part. VERY touristy, but Jenna and I were welcomed with open arms. We enjoyed 2 days in Murchison National Park, located in Northern Uganda. And we spent 2 nights at Paraa safari Lodge. It was a wonderful, relaxing and VERY COOL trip. It was weird to come back to this guest house, Adonai 6, after a trip rather than going home.
Like my stories, I want to have some cool pictures to show when I come home, but I am willing to post a few from our safari. Enjoy!

Wednesday also marked the half-way point of my trip, 4 and 1/2 weeks. It's crazy how fast time is going. But at the same time, it seems to be going slow. I was telling Jenna today, I'm really ready to go home but I'm also already dreading the day I have to leave. I'm 50-50. Which I guess is perfect, since I'm at my half-way point!

Pictures
1. For dessert at Paraa Safari Lodge, we had this chocolate sauce that we could drizzle over fresh fruit and cakes and such. HEAVENLY!! Jenna and I LOVED mealtime, just for that chocolate sauce!
2. On our 2nd day of the safari, we got to ride on top of our van. What an experience!
3. Me on our safari, with giraffes in the background (look closely, they're there)
4. Giraffes. Self-explanatory.
5. This was where we had our bathroom break. Jenna thought Sam (our Watoto leader) was kidding. We pulled off the side of the road and he said, "Alright! Ladies to the right, men to the left!" Good thing I thought to bring a little bit of toilet paper with me!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Can't wait to hear and see pics. Still praying...

    ReplyDelete