Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Roomies!!

Another change that I can now blog about is that 2 weeks ago, Jenna left to return home. She had to take a summer class in order to receive her scholarship from Grand Valley. I thought I would be lonely without her, but I've been just fine. Like I said before, I moved down to a room down the hall with 2 other volunteers, Marianne and Evie. Things have been GREAT with them; I'm loving getting to know them! Last night (Saturday night), we had a new volunteer arrive. Her name is Lauren. She is from British Columbia, but has spent the last 6 months studying in Norway. She is going to move into the open bed in our 4-bed room. I'm thrilled!!

I'm also getting closer to the other volunteers, which is great! I think now that I don't have a friend here to lean on, I'm more open to getting to know other people. I know my last two weeks here are going to be fantastic as I continue to get to know my roommates and the other volunteers!!!

It took too long for the pictures to load...I'll try and get them up next time. Arrugh, so frustrating!

2 comments:

  1. How sad that Jenna Left!!!! I am glad that you aren't lonely without her and that you are doing well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea you aren't lonely-that is what I have been praying for-that and your next 2 weeks are awesome! Can't wait to see you and hear about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete