Sunday, June 21, 2009

My New "Assignments"





We got two new kids this week, Daniel and Patience. Daniel is 2 and Patience is 6 months. Because of their age difference, if they were put into their proper rooms (Elephant and Giraffe) they would rarely see each other. At the baby home, the three younger rooms (Monkey, Giraffe and Nursery) will see each other and the three older rooms (Zebra, Hippo and Elephant) will see each other. But they are all very rarely in the same area. So, because the administrators didn't want to have to split Daniel and Patience up, they needed someone to watch over them. I was the one asked to be the "nanny" of Daniel and Patience!!

My days now consist of these two. I have to be sure that Patience is fed, bathed and naps according to the Giraffe schedule and that Daniel follows the Elephant schedule, while keeping the two together. It's a big difference, going from having 20 babies at a time to only 2. And having them be so far apart in age (well, it's really not that far apart, but compared to what I'm used to, it is). It will definitely take time to adjust. But I am already loving spending my days with these two cuties. Seriously...how cute are they?!

No comments:

Post a Comment