Monday, November 15, 2010

victor cafe

Ryan and I have been married for three months now.
It seems like a long time to us, but we know that in 10, 15 years this little milestone will be like nothing.

I only share this because for our "anniversary" we had a fabulous date! We went to Victor Cafe in South Philly, which serves fine Italian cuisine. Big deal, right? But get this, the waiters are all trained opera singers. Every 10 minutes or so the restaurant gets quiet to hear a server sing an aria (read: an opera solo). The cafe was pretty small, so each singer filled the place with their voice. Beautiful.

Sidenote: The first song that was sung when we got there was "I Could Have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady, and the whole staff sang it. Not really opera, but it was so cool to be seated and then all of a sudden everyone breaks out in song! Like living in a musical...which, let's face it, would be a splendid life.

Check out these videos I found on youtube:
Victor cafe video 1 (ignore the lady's posed pictures in the beginning and end, haha)
Victor cafe video 2


Once again, no pictures :(

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so cool. I would love to eat there. It reminds me just a little bit of our Christmas outings at Appeteaser when the choir would sing while you ate. Hey, did you get my email with the link to the opera singers breaking out in the Allelulia Chorus at Macy's in Philly? Reminded me of that too.

    ReplyDelete