Tuesday, November 30, 2010

you capture: I ate that!

Want to know the best way to find a lost camera?
Met someone famous.
Wait 24 hours.
Bam! Lost camera found.

Good news is, yes, MY CAMERA HAS BEEN FOUND!!
Bad news is..it was found just a day after meeting Kate Flannery, who plays Meredith on The Office.
Just my luck.

But regardless, I loooove having my camera! For some reason, carrying my camera with me helps me to view the world differently. Even if I'm not looking through the lens. Kind of weird, I know, but it's true. But this is why I love participating in the "You Capture" posts, cause it gives me an excuse to carry my camera around and take pictures at times that I normally wouldn't, which in turn, often inspires me :)

Onto the "meat" of this post...
This Thanksgiving was actually pretty sad. I LOVE my family Thanksgiving, my mom's side of the family all gets together and we generally have around 40 people there. My family is loud and competitive and hilarious. And I just love it. This year, I had to miss out on that for the first time [the joys of living 10+ hours away, right?]

Ryan and I's Thanksgiving "feast" consisted of grilled ham and swiss sandwiches.
Whoopie.
[But don't get me wrong, I am so thankful that we have that food to eat! So many people around the world go to bed hungry every night, so I have no right to complain about a delicious grilled sandwich!]


But, well, I wasn't about to give up on Thanksgiving dessert...
In the process, before baking

All done!
I made, what I kept referring to as, "the prettiest pie you ever did see"
It was an Apple Cranberry pie with a "holly" decorated crust and "snowflakes" on top.
It didn't turn out as pretty as I had pictured in my head, but it's not too shabby!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. whoa, I have some catching up to do! lots of posts since I visited last.

    : ( about your thanksgiving. We went to Ernie's for the meal, and I called aunt Boo to get the broccoli recipe because I couldn't do without. The joy of traditions! Beautiful pie! Quite impressed.

    ReplyDelete