Monday, November 8, 2010

I'm lazy, okay?

Wow. It has been much too long since I've updated my blog.
Which is partly intentional, partly because of circumstances, and partly just plain laziness.
My computer has been on "it's last thread" for about, oh, 3 years.
A couple of weeks ago I thought for sure it had bit the dust. Constant warnings about no memory kept popping up, but after removing nearly ever single darn file on this thing, there was nothing I could do. And then it just shut down. That was it. It wouldn't turn on. Nothing.

But I gave it another try a couple of days ago, it turned on is running like nothing ever happened. Sheesh. One day this thing will fizzle out on me, and THEN I'll have an excuse to get a nice, new, shiny computer :) But until that happens, I know my money is better spent elsewhere.

So that's reason number one by blog posts have been lacking.

Reason number two? Well, my life is simply boring these days.
Honestly.
I can feel my brain turning to mush from all the television I've been watching.
So I have nothing really to blog about.
And my emotions are...stagnant, I guess...lately. I haven't had a night where I've cried myself to sleep thinking about the orphans of Uganda in quite some time. I haven't had any new ideas or thoughts. It's odd. I'm not sure if I'm upset about that or looking at it as a blessing. Because as much as having a broken heart stinks, I know having a broken heart is better than having no heart at all. I would much rather be crying for the fatherless than not even thinking of them at all. But maybe, God is sparing me the pain for right now.


Reason number three?
God is pulling me in a different direction. A path that I would have never chosen for myself.
And He's been pulling me in that direction for quite some time, but only recently have I begun to truly accept it and explore the options.
I'm not quite ready to share that path yet.
I'm still kind of angry about it. And very scared. And not quite sure what to do. And also, extremely excited for where God is leading me.

So there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Well Nan, I am going to go with being "excited" for where God is leading you too. Don't leave us hanging too long :) Thanks for posting. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you to have open ears and an open heart to where He is leading you!

    ReplyDelete