Tuesday, November 23, 2010

who i am

I said to Ryan the other day, "I found who I want to be today."
And then that seemed kind of silly. And I laughed.

I want to be her.
Wardrobe filled with vintage clothes [which she totally rocks].
An equally-as-hip family. Seriously though, did you see them? Her daughter's name? Milla Plum.
I mean, seriously, this girl like oozes glam.
And she has her own FABULOUS studio and she plays dress-up with her friends.
Swoon....

And for a long time, I wanted to be Hayley Williams.
Because, well, she is a rockstar.
In every way possible.
And her hair kills me.
Kills me in a OH-MY-GOSH-I-WANT-YOUR-HAIR-RIGHT-NOW-BUT-I-CAN'T-BECAUSE-I-AM-LOOKING-FOR-A-REAL-JOB-AND-ALSO-I-SAID-I-WOULD-NEVER-GO-ALL-OUT-WITH-DYING-MY-HAIR-AGAIN kind of way.
Sigh...

I guess I could spend all my time and money shopping at the many fabulous vintage stores I've already fallen in love with.  Or maybe rock a new $100+ hairstyle every month. But I know the money I would spend on a such things would be put to much better use by helping take care of this cutie.
Of course, little Phoebe is much bigger now, but you know :)


So, I guess it's okay that I don't ooze glamor.
I don't mind that I don't get to rock a new outfit every-other day.
Or a new hairstyle every month.
I don't really care that I'm not the lead female of the best band [practically ever. kind of.]
I don't mind that I don't have a studio, or lots of stuff that I don't really need.
Cause I know that my reward is in not here on earth, but in heaven.
I'm perfectly happy with who I am. With who God has made me.

2 comments:

  1. You are so in tune. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with your sis. So, SO in tune. that's a great way to put it. you ARE so amazing how God made you :) thanks, Nan.

    ReplyDelete