Saturday, March 12, 2011

inspired by 500 days of summer

I am in no way a fashion blogger.
I have very little desire to ever be a fashion blogger.
But some of you had so little faith in my vintage clothing, so I want to start showing you how I'm wearing the pieces I buy.

Member that ivory vest I bought at the Sazz Vintage sale a couple of months ago? I included a picture of it in this post.  Here's how I've been wearing it lately:
Pay no attention to my unruly hair. Thanks. [I hate long hair]

I was inspired by the karaoke scene from 500 Days of Summer, where Summer wears this:



Obviously Zooey Deschanel is waaaay cuter than me, but whatever. I've accepted it.
The vest and brooch are both vintage, and the scarf (worn as a belt because it's too long to wear in my hair) was thrifted. It has no tags on it, so I'm not sure if it would be classified as vintage or not.

If you still haven't seen 500 Days of Summer, get on that. Now. I'm giving you one month to see it or else... (open ended threats still work, even over the internet, right?)

2 comments:

  1. Nancy! I'm still sorry that Meg and I didn't wait to double date to see 500 days with you and Schmittie...but I'm really glad to hear you really like it. It's Meg and my favorite! In other news...it's awesome you saw each other over break! That's soooooo cool! You two are sneaky!

    ReplyDelete