Thursday, March 24, 2011

NYC with the seester

Ahhh, it's been a few days since I've even picked up my computer. Let alone, gotten around to updating my blog. And for this post, we're goin' back a few weeks. When my sister was here, we took a day trip to New York.
New York, sigh...how I love thee.
I've only been there twice, but maybe I fall in love quickly, okay?! Leave me alone.

And both times coming home from the Big Apple, Philadelphia just looks disgusting to me. And I'm all, "Ugh. I hate you, Philadelphia."
You see, I see New York like this:



 It's all bright and shiny. And fantastic. And full of life.

And this...this is how I see Philadelphia:




Dirty buildings, abandoned buildings, litter and Phillies Fans. And ya'll already know how I feel about SEPTA and their excellent services. And on top of that, people here are straight up mean. City of Brotherly Love? Yeah right.

Anyways, moving on.
Julie and I had a fantastic time in NYC. The weather was pretty lousy, but we crammed in as much as possible and pushed through the mist and cold weather.
Our first stop was Battery Park (to see the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island from a distance) and Ground Zero (which like I said before, is a construction site now)
That little darker-grey thing in the distance? That's the Statue of Liberty. Like I said, we had lovely weather.
 
Funny story, we took the subway down to this part of the city. As we were swiping our cards the subway pulled up, so naturally I ran to catch it, and well, Julie...Julie didn't. So as the doors are closing I'm on the subway and I see Julie's face in the windows of the doors. And utter panic took over that face. This will sound mean, but it was hysterical. And she was freaking out and I was like mouthing/yelling "Get on the next one!" And then this guy says to Julie, "Uh, you can still get on this car." (the doors were still open there)
I laughed the entire trip. And I was just by myself in that subway car, and I'm sure everyone thought I was crazy.

Next we headed uptown and stopped at Papaya King for lunch and then hit up Central Park. Where we proceeded to get semi-lost and walked in the rain for a really long time. But then we ended up going to "Strawberry Fields" so that was okay. And it's me we're talking about here, of course we got lost! I'm just glad it was me and Julie and not me and Ryan...cause heaven knows we'd still be in that mess.

"Am I in this picture?"

Yes. Yes you are.





Then we went to Greenwich Village. Which is only the cutest little village ever. I want to live there right. now.
We went there to see the building they show in Friends, where Monica/Rachel and Joey/Chandler supposedly live. And we went to see "Waverly Place." Because yes, as a matter of fact, my life has become so horrible that I've stooped to watching "Wizards of Waverly Place" and guess what? I kind of like it. Oh, the humiliation!
"And cue the appppplause!"

AND THEN...we walked all the way to the Empire State building to see our friend Elisabeth. Because she's a doll and we love her. We had a fantastic 18 minutes with her (she's a busy girl, and it was mid-terms week.)

Oh, and when I say we walked to the Empire State Building to see our friend...I totally mean we went INSIDE the Empire State Building. And had Starbucks there. And took the elevators there. And I'm being silly, I know. But it was cool.

And then we walked to Times Square. And went to Forever 21, which was crazy overwhelming. 5 floors of pure chaos, packed to the max with racks and racks of clothes.
And we passed Bryant Park and the Public Library on the way...very pretty.
At this point it was pouring rain. And we were sopping wet and cold. Which is why my descriptions are getting more and more sparse.

Then we ate dinner. And took really awful pictures of ourselves. Which I would rather not share, thanks.
Then we left to catch the bus.
The End.

3 comments:

  1. I love your blog and how you word things Nan. It is great. Dad and I were literally cracking up about the NYC/Philly comparison pics. So funny. Love seeing all the fun you and Julie had. Good thing I didn't know about the subway mishap until I read it on here. Might have had to worry a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were laughing at Julie- Nan! I would have peed my pants. Saved the laugh for after.

    The hotdogs pics are hilarious.

    My outlook of Philadelphia has been crushed. That's a bummer, for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sorry Em! If it makes you feel any better, Julie thought I was crazy. She liked Philadelphia better than NYC. I guess I just have it out for Philly. And...IT IS a nice place to visit, wink wink.

    ReplyDelete