Tuesday, March 29, 2011

things i love right now

1. My new canvas.
I save the best for first. Because I love this and I can't wait to share it. My sister painted this for me...
Isn't it so cool? Just in case some of you don't see "it"...it's this picture in red and black:
See? Told you it was awesome. I la-la-la-la-love it. So don't ask Julie for one, cause then I'll be mad at you for stealing my cool gift.

2. Pretty new-to-me jewelry.
The colorful gem brooch was a gift from my parents, my mom picked it out when they were at a flea market/antique mall something or other...thanks Mom and Dad!!
[I'm just rakin' in the awesome gifts, I know.]

3. My cowboy (girl?) boots.
 I got these as my big Christmas present in 2006. I've always loved them, but I never quite knew how to pull them off. And then one time I had the confidence to wear them and a certain someone's brother made fun of me and I was scared off of wearing them for a while. Well, now I'm really really loving them and want to wear them all the time. With skinny jeans. With tights. With skirts. With everything. I love them.
Also I'm pretty much in love with that picture. It's a little blurry, but still. I love it.

4. My Polaroid Camera
When my Grandpa passed away, everyone in the family made a list of the things we really wanted, in order of priority. This polaroid camera? Number one on my list. That probs [probably, to those who are unfamiliar with my shortening of the word] sounds really bad. Like I was really selfish and didn't care about getting things that had meaning but:
a. You don't know anything.
and b. This camera holds many memories for me.
Moving on...I'm SO HAPPY that I put this camera as number one. I absolutely love it! If only Polaroid film weren't so expensive I could use it much more often. Birthday idea. Wink, wink. [Except it's seriously over $100 for film for this camera, so...it'd cover birthday gifts for the next 15 years or so.]

5.Fantastic new-to-me shoes.
Oh. And Drake's paws, not because I'm particularly loving them right now but because he has to be right next to me as much as physically possible.

6. People who bring their puppies to the dog park.
I'm pretty sure everyone loves them actually.
 So first we saw a boston terrier puppy. He was probably a couple of months old. And so cute.
And then we saw a little bull terrier puppy. I know, a lot of people think bull terriers are ugly, but I kind of like them. And as puppies? Duh. They're cute. AND THEN...this past Sunday...there were 2, 8-week old American Bulldog mix puppies. AND THEY WERE PRECIOUS. And I pet one, and it did it's little puppy whine and I died.
Hi. Come home with me.

7. My computer.
Which has crashed on me 4 times today...and counting.
Oh wait. Wrong list.

8. And most importantly...friends who take pictures of "my kids" on the other side of the world while in Uganda.
This week I received photos of David and Patience from some fellow volunteers who were kind enough to get pictures of them for me on their recent trip back to Uganda. I can't share the new pictures with you (because of their child protection rules) but I can share photos of them that I've already put on this blog.
Patience has got an awesome 'fro goin' on now. And apparently David is growing into quite the gentleman. Watch out ladies of Uganda. He'll steal your heart.

5 comments:

  1. 1. Im glad you like the canvas so much! I must say, i really love it too. I think I like yours more than the one i made for myself. Yours just turned out sooo well!

    2. Is the reason you wanted the poloroid so bad because of when me, you, and olivia would take pictures of ourselves jumping off of the ledge behind Grandpa's couch?

    3. I know of some websites where you can get poloroid film for cheap(er). Do you know what kind of film it takes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, that canvas is beautiful!!!!

    Nancy, you are so clever & funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE puppies...especially the Boston and the Bull Terrier! So cute! Are those dogs that you actually saw at the park? Louie wants to meet/terrorize his cousin...please tell me you'll be bringing him back with you the next time you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW I LOVE That Julie painted that photo!! I took it I think, right?!?! That's really cooooool! Way to go Julie! :)
    Nan, great list. I love you. You're funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome canvas Julie! So cool.

    Can you share recent pics of the kids through email? I'd love to see them growing up

    ReplyDelete