Wednesday, January 11, 2012

change. "vacation." a trillion pictures. not really.

Holy moly. I feel like every post now-a-days is like... "whoops, haven't blogged in a few weeks...and here are my excuses why..."
Sorry all 10 of my regular readers.
It's about to change.

I think New Year's resolutions are a waste of time and energy. And they make the gym packed for the first 3 weeks of January and messes with my schedule. I thought maybe that was only a college thing, but our tiny gym in our building has been PACKED lately. Not cool. Annnd back to my point...so, I don't really make resolutions. However, this year I started making little changes for the better in December.


I only added this picture to break up the monotony of all the text
 Our small group read the book "The Divine Mentor" by Wayne Cordeiro which is about why it's crucial as Christians to read your Bible daily. He goes through the "soap" method and journaling and yadda yadda...it was a good book and since then I have been almost daily reading my Bible. Our small group started with a 21-day challenge...read your Bible for 40 minutes for 21 days in a row, because "they" say it takes 21 days to form a habit. I took this challenge one step further. I made a print out sheet of the next 21 days and included work-outs and organizing a part of our apartment as a part of my challenge.
    Yep, this one too
And well, 21 days is manageable. 1 year, not so much. I did pretty good with my 21-day challenge. And now that I have reading my Bible and regular work-outs under my belt, I've made myself a new calendar for the month of January. Which includes...of course...2 blog posts a week. Not because I feel like I have to, but because I want to. I really do enjoy blogging, I do it for me (obviously, I've been blogging for years now and I literally have 10 people who read this). I don't want to not do something I love just because it takes time.


Moving on.
Ryan and I went on "vacation" slash visit-everyone-on-the-planet-trip. We were living out of suitcases for 3 weeks. I packed a suitcase 6 times in less than a month. I repeat 6 FREAKING TIMES. It was insanity, and something I never want to do again. Not to say that it wasn't fun! We did get to see almost everyone we wanted to, and even if time was short with people it's always better than nothing!

Oh, and I also was super sick for a week and practically died. So that was nice.

And here's a photo summary of our trip. Kind of.

Lunch with our dear friends at one of the many fantastic GR restaurants

Cookie decorating with sisters and nieces and nephew
All of Ryan's Grandparents. Who are so different, it cracks me up.

We had an intense game of Bocce Ball. Exact measurements were required.

I repeat: intense game.

He's adorable. Or if you speak Julie, "dadorable"

WALT DISNEY WORLD! FO' FREE!!
 Okay. So I know I always say Ryan is still a child at heart and it shines bright in most situations, but well...I looked like most of the 6-old-year girls there when I saw Cinderella's castle. Most definitely an audible gasp. C'mon though, how could I not?! It's CINDERELLA'S CASTLE.

Bug's Life 3D Show at Animal Kingdom

CINDERELLA'S CASTLE AT NIGHT! WITH FIREWORKS!
You know what else turns me into a child? Fireworks. We knew this before Disney. But oh, guess what, there's fireworks at Disney. BEHIND CINDERELLA'S CASTLE! And a freaking fairy with lit-up wings zip lines from the tippy-top of the castle across the park. WHAT?!
While at Disney I also decided that my dream job would be to be a Disney Princess. Probably Snow White, but I think you have to be kind of Asian for that job. Not because I think Snow White is Asian or because I'm in anyway racist...but because I know Disney has crazy standards for those princess roles and all of the Snow Whites I've seen are kind of Asian. But I would settle for being a stilt person in the Lion King Show. Just gotta learn how to dance and jump with stilts. Should be no problem.

As you can see, we had fun.
More importantly though, I hope you noticed I got bangs. I figured it was a logical next step for my obsession with Zooey Deschanel.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to be included in the description of ry-guy! "He looks so dadorable. Da-dorable."
    Also, Im not surprised to see mom measuring bocce balls with her shoe. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bocce is intense! At Ernie's family reunion there is a bocce tournament of about 40 people, with prize money. Measurement tapes flying all around there!

    I'm glad to hear you were in awe over Disney and I'm not the only one. That place is hyped up on being magical and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics-esp the grandparent one. They ARE different aren't they? But in a good way. They sure do love Ryan and now you ;)
    Oh -and after playing scum w/your mom I can see her measuring with a shoe :)

    ReplyDelete