Tuesday, January 31, 2012

what i've been watching.

Since I've basically done nothing but lay on the couch for the past week and some days, I have watched hours and hours of TV.

1. ID
First of all, I'll admit it. I have a problem.
I am completely and utterly addicted to the Investigation Discovery (ID) channel.

I am obsessed with Dateline, On the Case with Paula Zahn, Disappeared, 20/20, etc. I am absolutely fascinated [almost] every episode. I won't go into details because I know most of you won't be nearly as enthralled as I am. Although, I can not for the life of me understand why not.

Which makes me think...I am pretty sure I should have gone into forensics. What a cool profession. Not that I like blood or think death is cool, but I like the problem solving/logic/putting the puzzle pieces together involved with solving crime. I guess I'm only 23, so I still could do that. But going back to school? Haha, worst idea EVER.




2. Catch Me If You Can
I've also rediscovered my love for the movie "Catch Me If You Can"
I love it. I love the time period. The style and fashion of the 60s. The story. It's all good. If you haven't seen it, watch it. Annnd, it's not even a chick flick.

Oh hiiiiii, Leo.


One of my favorite scenes is (don't worry, this scene is completely irrelevant to the storyline) when Frank is at the movies. Only because all the men there are in suit jackets and ties. Ahhh...those were the days. The days I've never experienced, but the days nonetheless.

3. The usual stuff
Project Runway All Stars (aka, MONDO! The cutest designer to ever be on Project Runway) However, I'm getting sick of hearing the word "garish". C'mon people, there are plenty of other adjectives to chose from. But that's not from Mondo. Mondo can do no wrong. He is literally the cutest designer ever. He's always styled to a T. And he wears these little shorts that just slay me and make me love him even more. And he's so little standing next to his models. I just want to pick him up and squeeze him and make him be my best friend. 


Oh, Mondo!

New Girl. Have you been watching New Girl? Because it is my favorite favorite show. I absolutely love it. I don't feel that I need to express my love for Zooey now. You know how I feel.
New episode tonight. Don't miss it.


Last Man Standing. I like this show for 2 reasons...1. It's about a man who is married with 3 daughters, so it reminds me of my family/childhood/Dad and 2.Tim Allen. Lots of people really don't like the guy, but I love him. Because he's not only from Michigan but he loves Michigan. He always promotes it in his shows by wearing different Michigan college shirts PLUS he's the voice in the Pure Michigan commercials.

I mean...how can you NOT love Tim Allen after that?! I guess if you don't love Michigan then those commercials probably don't stir up too much pride in ya.
Pure Michigan commercials make me cry. I love where I'm from.

So if you ever find yourself sick and laying on the couch for days on end...you've got a nice list of what to watch on the telly. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Have you considered Forensic Accounting? The FBI and DEA are always looking for accounting folks who are problem solvers - I knew a few - pretty bright folks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I have never heard of ID, but it seems like something I would love.
    2. Mondo is totes adore, but those short shorts gross me out.
    3. New Girl is my FAVE!!!!!
    4. Pure Michigan commercials make me cry too, and I didnt even move away from the state like you did.

    ReplyDelete