Friday, January 27, 2012

how to lose 10 pounds in 6 days

Pardon my lack of posts the past few days. I've been rather busy, you know wishing I was dead rather than suffering from a cold slash sinus infection. The usual.

I've decided that a sinus infection is the most annoying pain in the world. My cheeks hurt. My forehead hurts. My entire skull hurts. My jaw hurts. My lymph-nodes are freaking massive and hurt. Even my teeth hurt!! My teeth, people!! But the worst part is there is nothing I can do to alleviate the pain! I've tried it all. Except for the suggestion of one man, to DRINK one's urine. Um, excuse me. Are you joking? THIS GUY DRINKS HIS PEE! AND he uses it in his neti-pot!! WHAT IN THE WORLD?! I thought it was a joke, but I looked up "Urine Therapy" (as he so adoringly called it) on google...and yep. Those nutsos are totally serious.

I had a teacher in Germany that used to eat chalk. Like a lot of chalk. I think he ate 2 sticks a day or something? And he swore by it. He hadn't suffered from any illness in a super super long time. Maybe I should try that...we do have some chalk...and it's not like I can taste anything anyways...

What am I saying? I am losing my mind.
Someone please help me.

Anyways, so I was looking at my shoes today. Because what else am I supposed to do when I can barely get off the couch? And I realized that I never shared with you all what I got with my $50 giftcard to Ruche that I won from Selective Potential!

I got these cute little guys!!
Super cute! I love them!

Also...I discovered something that is truly amazing. No joke, you will all loooove me after this. Well, at least the ladies. I don't remember where I read this trick, whether it was on pinterest or some other blog but that doesn't matter. You know how when you buy berries you have to eat them in less than 3 days or they get all moldy smushy nasty? Well, when you first bring them home, rinse them in 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water. They'll last waaaaay longer. I guess the vinegar kills the mold spores that have already formed on the berries or something...?

I put about 3 tablespoons of vinegar in a bowl and then filled the rest up with water. I left the berries in their plastic container and just plopped them in the bowl. I made sure that all the berries got rinsed, and kind of swirled the container around in the bowl. Then I rinsed the berries under just fresh water because I didn't want any vinegar taste remaining (even though what I read said it doesn't leave an aftertaste because you dilute it with water). I still have some of the strawberries in my fridge and it's been like 2 weeks since I bought them. Granted, normally I would eat strawberries way before 2 weeks, but I've been sick.

Proof. This strawberry has been in my fridge for almost 2 weeks.

Sorry that's all I have to share with you. Kind of boring. Sitting on the couch for a week is very uninspiring. Shocking, I know.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you didn't resort to the urine therapy!! Sorry that it has been so painful. Em is going to love the tip on fruit washing. She can't stand the slightest hint of mush on her berries. You know me I pretty much eat any berry at whatever stage it is in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny you say that Mom! I considered writing that just Emily would love me for it. We are EXACTLY the same with our berries. They practically have to be perfect for me to eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO WAY!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Yes and yes to you both.

    Urine in your nose- sickening. I've only had 1 or 2 sinus infections in my life. I do recall the pain in my teeth and feeling like my head was going to explode the last one I had. I realize I am comments days late so hopefully you are over your pain. But I believe antibiotics are the only cure for the sinus's.

    ReplyDelete