Sunday, April 10, 2011

mini-date

It was 78 degrees. Or something near that ridiculous.
I was missing spending time with Ryan so I texted him.
"Want to go on a mini hour-and-a-half date with me when you get home from school?"

We took a walk to Borders. Which is going out of business and having a "HUGE Sale." Like bright yellow signs in the windows that say "EVERYTHING MUST GO" and postings around the store that clarify that the fixtures are not for sale. It was supposedly that kind of sale. Except, we were sorely disappointed. The most we would have saved on some books was like 1.70 because they were only 10% off. Big deal, Borders. Your dumb signs were very misleading. And I would wish you to go out of business, but oh, that's already happened.

Then we went to Rita's.

Oooooo, Rita's, I've missed you.
Rita's Water Ice [read: wooder ice, cause people talk real good here] is a staple in Philly.
"Water ice?" you say, "Why, that's molecularly impossible!"
Yes, water ice. I know it makes no sense. Philly is kind of stupid [have I mentioned that before?]
But regardless of the stupidity of the name, water ice is spectacular. It's a slushie type dessert, with the consistency between an ICEE and Italian Ice. And the flavors rock my face off. We normally get one mango and one blueberry and then switch half way through. Yum.

I had good intentions to get a couple of pictures of my water ice, but by the time we got home...my cup looked like this.




So....sorry. Guess you'll just have to come visit and try some for yourselves ;)

2 comments:

  1. Does Rita's have ice cream they could mix in my slushie?...because thats how i like my slushies and you know we'll be having them when Dad and I visit on the motorcycle. Dad got the 3/4 helmet he has been wanting at a g.sale. Good for him. Brand new $20 and it's a Harley helmet. He said he stopped at the garage sale while I was in Chicago because he knew it would make me happy that he stopped and then he ended up finding a helmet for himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooder ice- ha! Sounds pretty yummy, but I might need a scoop of creamy ice in there too

    ReplyDelete