Monday, April 25, 2011

thrifting treasures

Hi. Please love this book that I got thrifting this weekend.

Is it not the most fantastic thing ever?
It's full of really awesome illustrations and [not that funny] jokes like:
What goes up to the door, but never comes in? The sidewalk [hahaha!]

My feet are sticking out of the covers and they're cold!
Well, why don't you pull them in?
What! And have those icy things in bed with me? I should say not! [hahaha!]

And my personal favorite...
Timmy: Let's play school!
Jimmy: Okay, let's play I'm absent. [hahaha!]

And this is my favorite page. Because of "Riddle Me This." I say that all the time and am a firm believer that it is one of the best phrases in the English language. [Yes, I realize I just started sentences with "and" AND "because" but who cares. You are not my 4th grade English teacher.]
Notice how none of these are actually riddles

I also got these photos, which make me swoon. I just love that girl in her high-wasited pants and cat-eye glasses, leaning up against that car. Quintessential late 50s. And the couple on the beach? Love. Love, love, love. Don't you just want to be them?
 
I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with these just yet, but I couldn't pass them up. They made me feel happy.

1 comment: