Thursday, April 21, 2011

what we did in philly

This "what we did in philly" post has been long anticipated. Long, as in since before I even started these posts. As in, since before we even MOVED here. I would say that this has been the most anticipated one, but I have one more thing in Philly to do that I think will trump this. We'll see.

When we came here last July looking for apartments, we passed "Philly Cupcake, The Cupcakery Boutique" and I died. But before I died, I knew I had to freaking go there. Surprising it has taken us this long to actually go there, huh?

We stood in there for at least 10 minutes. Mostly because I could not decide what delightful treat to get. But also because I want to live there and had to expand my short visit as much as possible.
My dream life? Making cupcakes and holding African babies. Sounds perfect, right?
Annnnyways, there were so many cupcakes that I wanted...Death by Chocolate (obviously), Twix Dream, Cookies 'N' Cream, etc. They all looked freaking fantastic. I finally decided on Coconut with Key Lime.
Don't worry, it tasted just as good as it looks. Holy cow. This cupcake rocked my face. My mouth is watering just thinking about it's delightfulness.

Ryan is still a 5-year old, so he got a rice krispie treat on a stick covered in sprinkles. A crazy-expensive rice krispie treat on a stick. Sigh.


We will SO be back to Philly Cupcake soon. I don't think my life will be complete with out regular visits now that I've seen the light.

6 comments:

  1. BEST cupcake shop ever! I loved going there. And when Kevin and I come visit (expecting that we do!) we will need to take a trip there.
    p.s. my dream life involves making cupcakes too. wanna open up a shop together!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly how I feel about the twisted glaze donut at Marv's. My mouth waters thinking about it's delightfulness....I've seen the light....all your descriptions fit my Marv's to a tee. So glad you found this place but I bet it's more expensive than my donut. Key lime with coconut....nothing could top that!!! Don't know how you live with that 5 year old? I would have had to scold him for getting that treat instead of a cupcake. Doesn't seem like it should even be a choice at "The Cupcakery Boutique". Glad you had a good time out together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is that the same place that we tried to go to, but it was closed cuz they ran out of ingredients or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo la la! Surprised that it took you this long to get there. Sure looks like a good cupcake, but I bet the price tag will keep you from having too many.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been there : )
    My best friend started a cupcake business called Fairy Cake. I am totally going to see if she knows about this shop. I pass a cupcake truck at Temple all the time. It is pink. The name is slipping my mind right this second though. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete